11 night exotic caribbean or hawaii?

Looking through this years rccl book 2004/2005... assuming they'd have the same/similar cruise for next year. I love the 11 night exotic caribbean cruise. Out of the 11 days you visit 9 different islands... It's on a small ship, the empress of the seas.. We just got off the Explorer of the seas on 7/31... I prefer being on the islands instead of the sea days... My son wants to visit Hawaii and has talked about this since he was 2 years old just about. He's 13... I honestly do not want to fly that long..... I'd love to hear from anyone who has done the 11 night exotic and or hawaii.....

We're booked on the May 7, 2006 Radiance 14-day from San Diego to Hawaii and back to San Diego - I think the website is showing this particular cruise as full - but there are others - one in October 2006 I think - to me this will be the best of all possible worlds, lots of sea days and lots of island days!

Can't wait....

Freestyle and casual sounds great.... Right up our alley! Can you share some of your experiences on the POA....How long was it, what islands etc...

I did the NCL POA last January and loved it. Of course you need to like freestyle and casual for it. We're doing the 11 day Empress Jan 30th and I'm looking forward to it just as much. Small ship, port intensive. I've found the Caribbean to be cheaper on tours, etc., but also love Hawaii.

Freestyle and casual sounds great.... Right up our alley! Can you share some of your experiences on the POA....How long was it, what islands etc...

First to answer your other question, Continental Newark to Honolulu non-stop is 10 hrs 55 min going over against the wind and 9 hrs 20 min return.

POA spends 96 hrs in seven days in ports. Leave Honolulu, Oahu, then Kauai, then Hilo on the Big Island, then Kona on the other side of the Big Island, and then Maui. It overnights in both Kauai and Maui.

Has an all American crew which some have a problem with but I found to be hard working and VERY friendly and helpful. I found the food and shows to be very good. Not as much to do on the ship as with RCI but with that much port time, it is more a floating hotel overnighting to another island. Days are in port.

It started out terrible last year with a LOT of problems but has improved a bunch. It is part of the NCL America and was the old NCL Sky. I say old but it is only about 5 years old. The new one is Pride of America with Pride of Hawaii coming next year.

I cruise itineraries and ships and don't worry much about which cruise line it is. I found it to be a great experience but I'm also looking forward to the Empress.

I say Hawaii.....Yes the flight is long but worth it.

We did NCL freestyle and really liked it. Some of the restaurants were wonderful some were just ok. Hawaii is a special place. The Hawaiian people will welcome you to their islands with open arms. - I never felt this kind of warm welcome before. The islands are really something to see. Kauai was our favorite.

We were able to fly first class and that made the trip a lot easier.

We sailed on the star.

11 Day exotic is great too - but Hawaii is really special.

Thanks, did not know this.... How long is the flight?

10 hr 35 mins Newark to Honolulu

9 hr 30 mins Honolulu to Newark

I have been to Oahu, Honolulu but not the other Hawaiian islands. We loved it.

I also really like the 11 night on empress.

I say book them both, you only live once......Hahaha!

Jamie

We did the 11 night Hawaii cruise out of Vancouver last September on the Radiance. 5 at sea days to get us well rested, seas were calm, weather was wonderful and sunny right from the time we boarded the ship, and our fellow passengers were wonderful. Then, busy days on the beautiful islands of Hawaii. We stayed 3 days in Waikiki post-cruise to rest up before we had to return home. DH & I agree this was, without a doubt, our most favourite cruise - yet. Beautiful ship, friendly crew (they were very, very, very happy as this was their first cruise post-Alaska and they were thrilled to be in warmer climates:) ), we had a large, active cruise-critic gang on board, and IMHO Hawaii is pure paradise - my idea of heaven on earth.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide.

Archived