Upgrade from junior to grand suite?

Thank you all! I went for the upgrade the price ended up being 696.00 extra with a 200 OBC. I almost changed my mind but finally just went for it. then today my TA called and said she received a call from Royal stating they were giving me a complimentary upgrade to an owners suite! So excited. Only thing is the balcony seems to be smaller. I have never received a complimentary upgrade this is so unreal!

Thank you all! I went for the upgrade the price ended up being 696.00 extra with a 200 OBC. I almost changed my mind but finally just went for it. then today my TA called and said she received a call from Royal stating they were giving me a complimentary upgrade to an owners suite! So excited. Only thing is the balcony seems to be smaller. I have never received a complimentary upgrade this is so unreal!

I would rather have a GS than an OS. In the OS the bedroom goes all the way to the hull of the ship, so you lose balcony space, a GS has a balcony that runs the entire length of the cabin.

Each ship handles things differently, so you may or may not get invites to tours or cocktail parties. With regard to the tours, speak to the concierge early in the cruise.

The total score is 3 GS, 1 OS and an OS coming shortly. T/A called last week and they offered to bump us from a GS to OS for $250. $250 each I might have passed on but $250 total was hard to resist. For just us two, that's a LOT of cabin. That seems like a hefty grand total for the upgrade from Inside thru JS to GS but how many times will you get to make this trip and spring this surprise on them. More power to ya! Problem is with this their first cruise it'll be hard for them to "downgrade" next time, although this might by why RCL is selling the upgrade :D

Got tour invites 3 times, Captain's cocktail 3 times (there were not on the same 3 trips), "Suite Party" w/Captain and Officers once. I wouldn't bet against any invite, but I wouldn't just accept it as a done deal.

clarea is right, speak to the Concierge early on and they can probably arrange to include you on the tours.

We've stayed in JS and full suites and would definitely take the upgrade at the price they're offering. If you three enjoy cocktails, the concierge lounge (or suite hours at 19th Hole Bar) free happy hours will help offset the price of the upgrade. When we had an OS on Explorer, they had officers join us for cocktails one night and had a bridge tour for suite guests. Aside from the free cocktail hours, my favorite perk is the reserved seating by the pool. On Explorer it's in the stadium section between the Pool Bar and Sky Bar. You'll be in a great location for sunning & people-watching with a great view of the band and any pool entertainment (belly flop contest, etc).

Bottom line...I wouldn't think twice about taking that upgrade! Enjoy!!