Shuttles from Bush Airport to Galveston

cruzecontrol

My son is flying into Bush Intercontinental Airport on Feb 14th, the day before our cruise. His flight arrives at 5:01 PM, can anyone recommend a shuttle from Bush to Galveston?

I am driving down and could possibly pick him up at the airport on the way, but it would be easier for me if he could just jump on a shuttle.

My son is flying into Bush Intercontinental Airport on Feb 14th, the day before our cruise. His flight arrives at 5:01 PM, can anyone recommend a shuttle from Bush to Galveston?

I am driving down and could possibly pick him up at the airport on the way, but it would be easier for me if he could just jump on a shuttle.

Those flying in tend to find transit to Galveston to be pricier than some other cruise destinations. larger parties or those who share with others on roll call seem to get decent pp prices, but as a solo, your son's choices maybe limited or expensive. You could see if he can share transit with somebody else from roll call, though the timing did not work for us on our roll call. You could see if the times of this company work well for his flights. http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/

Also, he could rent a car. enterprise has a location in Galveston, but they would not take one way reservation. Avis/Budget will accept one way rentals to their Texas City location; you could meet him there.

Or maybe just pick him up and enjoy the extra family time

Edited by Starry Eyes

Thanks for the response. Galveston Limo's last shuttle leaves Bush at 5:00 PM - too early for my son.

I guess the best thing to do is to pick him up myself although it is a little tricky to time a pickup at the airport following a 4-4 1/2 hour drive. I'll just have to leave early enough to make sure I get there in time to pick him up, but not too early to be sitting at the airport for over an extended period of time.

Thanks for the response. Galveston Limo's last shuttle leaves Bush at 5:00 PM - too early for my son.

I guess the best thing to do is to pick him up myself although it is a little tricky to time a pickup at the airport following a 4-4 1/2 hour drive. I'll just have to leave early enough to make sure I get there in time to pick him up, but not too early to be sitting at the airport for over an extended period of time.

yeah, that timing that drive might be a bit difficult. If traffic allows you to arrive early or if his plane is late, maybe you can find a coffee shop or restaurant to enjoy rather than the airport. be grateful for cell phones...it is easier to coordinate such pickups compared to the olden days.

yeah, that timing that drive might be a bit difficult. If traffic allows you to arrive early or if his plane is late, maybe you can find a coffee shop or restaurant to enjoy rather than the airport. be grateful for cell phones...it is easier to coordinate such pickups compared to the olden days.

The cell phone lot at the airport will be a big help. I can at least sit there and read a book while I'm waiting. My biggest fear though is getting hung up in traffic and being late to the airport.

The cell phone lot at the airport will be a big help. I can at least sit there and read a book while I'm waiting. My biggest fear though is getting hung up in traffic and being late to the airport.

I guess if you are delayed your son will be sitting and reading a book instead:).

Even so, he is very lucky to have you picking him up, as ground transit for that trip is an issue for many far-flung cruisers. I'd love it if a family member could give me a ride.

I guess if you are delayed your son will be sitting and reading a book instead:).

Even so, he is very lucky to have you picking him up, as ground transit for that trip is an issue for many far-flung cruisers. I'd love it if a family member could give me a ride.

I guess in any event, if one of us has to wait, it's still the best solution to the problem. After all, the whole idea is to just get to the cruise terminal the next day and embark on our great cruise:).

I guess in any event, if one of us has to wait, it's still the best solution to the problem. After all, the whole idea is to just get to the cruise terminal the next day and embark on our great cruise:).

Absolutely, the great family cruise is the whole idea. If perchance traffic and flight time out perfectly so nobody has to wait, buy a lottery ticket.

You will pretty much have to drive right by the airport anyway so I don't understand the issue. The airport is on the north side of the Houston area and in the afternoon most of the traffic will be outbound. Just jump on the Hardy toll road right into the airport if you want to avoid the worst of it.