Belize - Flights / Water Taxi How to? - Caye Caulker

ajsdad

I am curious if anyone has flown to Caye Caulker? We are going to be on the jewel next month, and headed over to Caveman's 1/2 day tour. Since I dont know when we will get off the ship, due to tenders, etc, I was thinking we would water taxi over, and then fly back, kind of think it would be fun to fly back, increase the time we spend on CC and turn a 45 minute boat ride into a 15 minute flight. Has anyone flown either way to CC? How do you get from the dock to the airport, and how do you get to the airport in CC? Walk, Golf Carts? How much time did you need to be at teh airport before your flight?

Thanks.

Caye caulker is great. In Belize city the taxi to and from the airstrip is 15 minutes and should not be any more than $10-15 us. The airstrip in caye caulker is at the opposite end of the island from the Split. About a 1/2 hour stroll. There are Golf Cart taxis waiting and will take you thru town to the split for $5BZ per person. You must make Airline reservations at least a day before. You can book on line for tropic air. You must check in 15 minutes before you flight.