Are you guaranteed a table in the speciality restaurants with the UDP?

lozf4000

We had the UDP on the Getaway in August and almost didn't get into Le Bistro. I called 24 hours prior to make a reservation near the end of the cruise and was told they had no tables. I read that guarantee to them a couple times, which they totally ignored and kept saying there were no tables. So, I went down to the dining desk and magically 2 reservations opened up. While dining we noticed there were a couple tables that were never filled.

In the future I will make sure I have my reservations before I leave home. I'd rather just avoid the fight than have to get pushy to get what is due.

Just a couple of thoughts. They only allow a small number of advance reservations to each venue for pre booking. Most say about 25% and is why you will see several/many posts on CC about people saying they could only book at a given time, 5:30 pm for example. The remaining bookings are for on board. You also mention having to get pushy to get "what is due". NCL guarantees you a meal in a specialty restaurant at some time, not where you want when you want.

Out of our last 6 NCL cruises we have eaten all but one meal in a specialty restaurant. In that entire time we have always been able to eat in the restaurant we chose with 30 minutes of the time we asked for. Our cruise 4 weeks ago we wanted Cagney's on the last night at 6:30 and they could only seat us a either 6 or 7 pm. Not an real issue. I cannot imagine knowing months before we cruise what we want to do each night and at what time. Locking in a dining time seems impossible for us. Maybe different for others.

Ws just doing the math on our savings with the three combined combos and for myself and my daughter, if we eat in a specialty restaurant every night, plus the unlimited drinks/soda program and $300 obc, it works out to just under $1000 savings. Pretty good!

I don't think I would get a better deal than that! Even if we have a 2nd adult in the cabin, it would only be a savings of about $500 for the kids sail free program (coming in Feb) so I am still getting a decent deal!

Does anyone know if I add somebody to our cabin after the promo is over, do they pay full price for the unlimited dining and drinks program??

Thanks!

Leah

Just a couple of thoughts. They only allow a small number of advance reservations to each venue for pre booking. Most say about 25% and is why you will see several/many posts on CC about people saying they could only book at a given time, 5:30 pm for example. The remaining bookings are for on board.

This is correct. We pre-booked our reservations for the nights we were going to eat in a specialty restaurant. There are 9 of us wanting to eat at the same time but for a couple of the nights some in our party got assigned a different seating time. We called to ask what was up and found out about the whole percentage thing. They said we would have to go and change the times for those who were different once we got onboard.

This seems a little strange that they could not override the percentage for a group during advance reservations, but evidently they cannot. Of course, maybe the person asking didn't ask the right question. That is possible.