First time with P&O - Bookng advice

srwpchelp

This is a personal opinion and I am not permitted to recommend a cruise agent on here, but they are fairly easy to find. Just type Cruise travel agent into google. You can also book with P&O direct which may suit you as a first timer. When looking at cabins, I would book as near to mid-ships and as low down as possible without being on the bottom two decks. Something like D or C deck. for us forward is preferable to aft (the back). There is less movement in the middle of the ship.

The camp on this is divided into 2 groups.

You can book early for a premium of a few hundred pounds to get the cabin and dining time you wish, plus a few extra perks

Or

You could book a saver fare and take pot luck, though you would still be able to book a the type of cabin you want - inside, outside, balcony grade.

If there is 2 of you, you could save thousands by booking a saver fare.

Of course you risk a cruise selling out, but its unlikely.

The camp on this is divided into 2 groups.

You can book early for a premium of a few hundred pounds to get the cabin and dining time you wish, plus a few extra perks

Or

You could book a saver fare and take pot luck, though you would still be able to book a the type of cabin you want - inside, outside, balcony grade.

If there is 2 of you, you could save thousands by booking a saver fare.

Of course you risk a cruise selling out, but its unlikely.

Other things to consider, if you have children of school age and you are going in the summer hols. Ships can book up quickly. If you have children who are quite young then you need to know that there is a limit to the numbers in each age range. This is to do with the life saving equipment for children, I believe.

Last summer some people waited for the price to come down, called a saver fare, but for a lot of cruises it did not come down. They then did not get a cruise.

If you need an adapted cabin you must book early.

Lastly the ship in the Med. This year, Oceana has 1000 less berths that the ship in the med last year so if the demand holds up then there may not be as many bargains.

You say have a say in which cabin you get is important to you then that could be the deciding factor and you need to book in April.

I use an Internet. TA or you could use P&O direct. So TA's do give a little discount.

Hope all that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My last two cruises have never come down to what I paid when booking. Really does depend on the cruise and the ship I think. If you are doing Canaries or Baltic, then there are loads of those, also Caribbean. Unusual destinations will always be popular.