NYC departure, Best place to stay Pre_Cruise and which Airport to fly into ??

MikeR

We will be sailing out of NYC on 9/11/2004. We are considering Flying into Newark, NJ the night before and staying at a nearby Hotel. Would this be a good choice or what about LaGuardia ?? Would that be a better choice ?

Mike

Azure Seas 01/88

Century (Eastern) 11/02

Century (Western) 05/03

Horizon (Ultimate) 12/03

Victory (N.E.,Canada)9/04

Zenith (So. Carribean) 12/04

Makes very little difference which airport you fly into. They're all similar in terms of cost and time to get into Manhattan.

It's more important that you get the flights you want in terms of time, ease and cost.

Jane

I would agree about what Jane has stated,But being you are leaving on 9/11, Thats about 2 weeks after the convention,I would suggest staying in a hotel in Manhattan.There will be tight security for the day you are sailing.Coming from New Jersey thru the tunnel might take a longer time.If you dont have to much luggage or luggage you cn wheel ,I would stay near the pier and walk over ,or get there early and wait.

I agree with the above posters as well. It doesn't matter which of the three airports you fly into. Just get the flight you want.

I would definitely stay in Manhattan, for the above reasons with the security as well as NYC being one of the best cities to visit. The pier is in Mid-town and I often like staying there. The Manhattan Sheraton AND the Manhattan Sheraton Hotel and Towers are two hotels aross the street from one another right up north of Times Square. Great Area!! The hotel usually has pretty good rates as well. I know last time I was there they were just renovating the rooms as well.

Try Priceline for great rates on Mid-Town hotels. We got a room at a 4 star hotel that usually runs for $150 and up for $80...I should have tried to bid lower icon_smile.gif

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived