Just off the Sunshine Western Caribbean -- any questions?

RogueMonk

so i just booked our cruise monday and the price just dropped another $200, i called to ask if they could price match and they said they couldnt do anything since we already paid in full. any suggestions or is that the end of discussion? :mad: :thumbdown:

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

When is your cruise? Was it an early saver booking? If not and the final payment date haa passed, you won't be entitled to any price drops. At best you can request a cabin upgrade if you choose. They may do that.

We actually booked Tuesday so we are within the 48 hour price match guarantee. I think? It was not an early saver rate, not sure what it was called. Since I just realized our booking was within the 48 hours I submitted the price match online form. If they deny the price match, we can ask for an upgrade? How do we do that?

We actually booked Tuesday so we are within the 48 hour price match guarantee. I think? It was not an early saver rate, not sure what it was called. Since I just realized our booking was within the 48 hours I submitted the price match online form. If they deny the price match, we can ask for an upgrade? How do we do that?

Yes definitely you should meet the requirements for the 48 hour price match. If they deny the form, then call right away.

As for upgrading, you can ask them about it. If prices are lower, maybe there's another cabin type or location you can get for a better rate.

So glad to find this thread! Just booked this for May. Was sceptical as we just did the Disney Dream in a concierge suite (only a 3 day cruise) but the prices were just crazy for a week. Booked a balcony room for this cruise and am super excited now I've seen this thread. The price seems like it's going to be great value for money! Can't wait to read through this whole thread :)

Does anyone know if Jamie is returning as CD on Sunshine or is she going to another ship?

According to a post on her FB page from Dec 2:

" I am on the Sunshine until Feb 28th, back April 11th. Then ON until June 27th and returning August 29th."

We sail on Sunshine Jan 31 so we will have her - looking forward to it.

We're on the Sunshine starting Feb. 7th. I had read early on that she did not have interactive TV. I like to look at menus and my Sail-n-Sign account. Is this the case? Any info will be appreciated.

No they do not have the interactive TV. It was a hassle to go to the kiosks to see sail-n-sign account information. They were very busy...

Yes definitely you should meet the requirements for the 48 hour price match. If they deny the form, then call right away.

As for upgrading, you can ask them about it. If prices are lower, maybe there's another cabin type or location you can get for a better rate.

apparently they never received the online form... even though the site said it was submitted. and i called that day - but prior to submitting form. so now they will not honor the price match. and i have no way of proving that i submitted it. :thumbdown::mad:

not a happy camper. this was my first time doing it, guess i will know better next time.

apparently they never received the online form... even though the site said it was submitted. and i called that day - but prior to submitting form. so now they will not honor the price match. and i have no way of proving that i submitted it. :thumbdown::mad:

not a happy camper. this was my first time doing it, guess i will know better next time.

Screenshots are always your friend.

This ship seems to be hit or miss. We were on the next sailing and had a lot of problems....lots of swaying (barf bags were out), closures of Serenity/sportsquare/slides, issues in the thermal suite of the spa....coupled with the issues that couldn't be helped and also some poor choices from the Carnival HO...lots of upset passengers. I really wish we had been on your sailing.

This ship seems to be hit or miss. We were on the next sailing and had a lot of problems....lots of swaying (barf bags were out), closures of Serenity/sportsquare/slides, issues in the thermal suite of the spa....coupled with the issues that couldn't be helped and also some poor choices from the Carnival HO...lots of upset passengers. I really wish we had been on your sailing.

This is sounds like our first (and only) cruise. We were on Carnival Splendor over thanksgiving in 2013. They water was so rough the crew was getting sick. This caused decks and pools to be closed. Every crew member we talked to said that it was the roughest sailing they had ever been on.

Hoping for a much better trip this time. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Sunshine. Only 36 days, wooohooo!!

This is sounds like our first (and only) cruise. We were on Carnival Splendor over thanksgiving in 2013. They water was so rough the crew was getting sick. This caused decks and pools to be closed. Every crew member we talked to said that it was the roughest sailing they had ever been on.

Hoping for a much better trip this time. We are really looking forward to sailing on the Sunshine. Only 36 days, wooohooo!!

You can see from my signature that I have done a few western routes and the only time, in all our cruises, that we have had truly rough seas, was the 2nd cruise out of Tampa on the Legend headed home - crossing the Gulf from Mexico. Not much one can do about it. If you have a balcony or can get where you can see the horizon, you are better off. Also, Bonine works quite well. When they tell you they are headed into bad weather and expect 15-20' seas, believe them and just start dosing.

Of course if you are sailing with my boys, they are going to be doing the happy dance if there is rough seas...they have never had such fun in their lives!

And if you are on the 2/28 sailing...watch out...they are sailing with you!:D

Edited by A&Jfamily