Serenade of the Seas January 3, 2015 **FAMILY EDITION ~ PHOTO REVIEW**

Thanks for letting me know. We didn't get a chance to do it on the freedom last June, so I hope it's offered on Indy in July! And by the way, I can't believe you've had 8 children, you look absolutely amazing!!! What a fun review to read!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL! Thanks for the compliment! I hope the class is offered on your sailing and that your daughters enjoy it!

I just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed your review! I was telling my mother about it over the weekend, as I was so impressed with how you "kept it all together" throughout this fabulous vacation. I am sure that it is a vacation that your children will always remember.

Hi! Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed the review - I liked writing it. I hope they will remember it always as well. They grow up so fast. We're thankful we could take this adventure with them all.

It has been SO much fun following your trip! So brave with taking eight kids..but it sounds like you had an amazing time! Question....would you happen to have a pic of all eight kiddies together..and maybe mom and dad?😉 saw a few random ones, but would be fun to see your family!!!! We travel on the Serenade next week....Hope we beat that huge Oasis to all the ports! Thanks!

We were on this cruise. It was a delight to see your family interact with each other. Your kids are so well behaved and seemed to have so much fun. Such great memories for all of you. Your youngest son has such an infectious smile. He chatted with me about his stuffed animal which he renamed "blackie and bluey". Made my day since I was missing our grandkids.

Great review with lots of tips.

Ellen

Hi!! Thanks so much for commenting. We made some really great memories to last a long time! My little guy is something. He's always giving his bear a new name. Funny thing is I took a picture of his bear on the bed in our cabin.

16134748570_2c0d1cbb98_b.jpg

He's a skinny little bear! I appreciate your comments on the kids also. I hope you had a great time on your trip as well!

Thank you so much for posting. I enjoyed all of it.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks again, I really enjoyed following along! So impressed with how well you're organized!

Thanks! I'm trying to come up with some final thoughts, but I'm having trouble getting them together! Ha! :)

It has been SO much fun following your trip! So brave with taking eight kids..but it sounds like you had an amazing time! Question....would you happen to have a pic of all eight kiddies together..and maybe mom and dad?😉 saw a few random ones, but would be fun to see your family!!!! We travel on the Serenade next week....Hope we beat that huge Oasis to all the ports! Thanks!

So glad you enjoyed the review. I've got a couple more photos to post.

Wish I was going with ya! You'll have a blast! Was sure something being in port with Oasis. Huge!

Thank you for posting your review. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You have a beautiful family and have given them wonderful memories with this cruise. Your Baby is adorable!

Most of our vacations are land based, but we've managed to take 3 cruises. In fact, our first cruise was in 2006 on the Serenade to Alaska with our then 14 year old son. We still talk about what a great time we had. This year we are sailing to Norway - our first vacation in 23 years with just DH and I.

Final Thoughts:

First of all, thanks again to everyone who read and commented. It’s fun to hear back from people who are enjoying the review. I know it’s fun to relive the trip and I enjoy reading other reviews as well. Hopefully I’ve helped some people who are considering taking the kids. It can be done.

On Serenade: Wow! What a beautiful ship! Would sail her over and over again. Loved the size of this ship and the windows everywhere. Did not miss the Royal Promenade. The only thing I would say is that I wish there was a water station on deck 5 by Lattetudes.

On the Whale Lot: I would rather drive two cars and park in Fulton than use the Whale Lot again. Just my opinion and your experience may be different.

Are we brave? It was funny to me to be called brave. Seriously - hanging with 8 kids is normal for us. Whether we’re at the grocery store or shopping in Jamaica. It’s just how it is. Did I count them countless times throughout the week? Yes. Did I see other people counting them throughout the week? Yes. *smile*

Will it be perfect: Yes and no. Go with the flow. Nap times are awesome! Don’t expect to have the same experience as you had on your couples-only cruise. Come prepared and adjust as you go along.

What we learned and recommend:

Celebrate like you just won the Masters.

16320331971_8f5d1408ee_b.jpg

Let your son use your phone to take photos of his mostly eaten chicken strips at dinner.

16134573578_7d051f35e5_b.jpg

Dance in Jamaica.

16134576138_c0c62d48b7_b.jpg

Be silly.

16134532198_0875f6f8ec_b.jpg

Get in the picture (Mom)

16321256902_4b7a4b2c2a_b.jpg

Moms sometimes struggle with this as we’re always taking the pictures. Let someone else take a few to prove you were there too!

And finally:

Take trips and take the kids. They’ll remember the time you spent with them and the adventure you had together.

15702956463_d915491369_b.jpg

Thanks again for reading!

Thank you for posting your review. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You have a beautiful family and have given them wonderful memories with this cruise. Your Baby is adorable!

Most of our vacations are land based, but we've managed to take 3 cruises. In fact, our first cruise was in 2006 on the Serenade to Alaska with our then 14 year old son. We still talk about what a great time we had. This year we are sailing to Norway - our first vacation in 23 years with just DH and I.

Hi and thanks for commenting! I appreciate your comments on the kids too! I'm so glad to hear that you still talk about your cruise from 2006! That's what I'm hoping for. I would live to do Alaska sometime with DH.

I hope you have a great time on your trip with your husband! What an adventure the two of you will share!

Really enjoyed your review and great pics. You have a lovely family. Your children are adorable and I bet they are a lot of fun to have around. Thanks for taking time out from your family duties to do this review. I'm sure it takes a lot of time and preparation. You did a great job. :D

Gwen :)

Just wanted to show gratitude for a wonder review.

I love reading about people's cruises (especially ones filled with pics) as it makes me feel like I was there too!

Thanks! I'm an avid reader of reviews on CC too. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I also found it funny/ironic/huh? that the parking lot would not let you out w/o a blue ticket. You have to pay to get in, so what are they worried about?! That you stayed longer than you paid perhaps?

Perhaps, but we did have our receipt showing we had paid for cruise parking and the date we had entered. I guess the blue ticket inserted into the machine lifts the arm that let's you out. They could have some extra blue tickets at the exit for people like me who lose track of the ticket. Seems like there could be a better system. The lot is shared with public parking and no one I talked to there actually owned the lot. A bit disorganized and, like I said, we didn't like waiting so long to get in there in the first place.

Great review! We'll be sailing on the Serenade in a few weeks for the 5th time. Our favorite ship in the fleet. Looks like you and your family really enjoyed it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wow! 5th time! She's a great ship! Have a fantastic trip!

Really enjoyed your review and great pics. You have a lovely family. Your children are adorable and I bet they are a lot of fun to have around. Thanks for taking time out from your family duties to do this review. I'm sure it takes a lot of time and preparation. You did a great job. :D

Gwen :)

Thanks for the nice comments! It is a lot of fun with all of the kids. Very few dull moments around here :D. I ended up writing each day's entry in a Google doc to save time and then just copy and paste into CC.

Wow! 5th time! She's a great ship! Have a fantastic trip!

Thanks for the nice comments! It is a lot of fun with all of the kids. Very few dull moments around here :D. I ended up writing each day's entry in a Google doc to save time and then just copy and paste into CC.

very good idea and thank you for this.

Great review. Thanks for posting. Loved the photos.

We often travel with our children. Even though we only have 3, I still enjoy reading the perspective of others who travel with their family. I am glad you had a good trip.

Happy sailing

I have been reading a lot of reviews in preparation of our cruise on Indy October 2015. I loved your review! I am also Mom to many. I will be taking three of my girls on the Indy cruise as a surprise! My hubby does not fly and isn't so sure he is interested in a cruise yet. I am sure we will have an amazing time!

Thank you for taking us along on your journey!

Thanks for the great review. We will be on the Serenade very soon and you definitely showed some things I personally had not seen before.

I was showing it to my wife last night and pointing out how you were the first one ever (that I have seen) to show the route for entering the port and getting to the parking with that map you marked up. Although we ended up reserving and paying for the Fulton Place parking it is still very useful. I was also showing her all the pictures from the beginning (Christmas lists), middle (mini-golf/cornhole tournament), and the final thoughts.

However, at the very end of the review something just didn't feel right. :confused:

It felt as if something was missing. :confused:

I thought on it for hours on end and finally I figured out what it was.

That Lasagna Recipe we never got :D:D:D

So in the spirit of completeness ... :)