Emerald Princess still at the dock

CharlesOK

Hi .. I was to be on the cruise but fell on the streets of Manhattan and have a bum knee.. so canceled

My friend is on the cruise as a solo.. She called last night .. Routan is CANCELLED!! but she did not

say anything about Costa Maya.. they may of added it instead.. nor did she mention any CREDIT due

to a late departure.. if she e mails .. I will update you .. She is also my TA. Ann

LOL.. there will be no credits other then any changes in port fees. Princess has not given anything to other travelers on previous problematic voyages from this port due to the fine print in the cruise contract, so expect nothing and you will not be disappointed.

I have commented elsewhere that I think that the Port of Houston/Bayport may have a difficult time keeping cruise lines. Sea fog is a constant problem here all winter into spring. It is difficult to believe that the cruise lines will continue fighting this problem. The Port of Galveston has sea for problems also (as I have experienced), but it is much closer to the open sea than the Port of Houston so I think it is less likely to be closed for as long of periods and ships can escape to the open sea much quicker. I wonder if any Galveston cruises were delayed yesterday?

Hi .. I was to be on the cruise but fell on the streets of Manhattan and have a bum knee.. so canceled

My friend is on the cruise as a solo.. She called last night .. Routan is CANCELLED!! but she did not

say anything about Costa Maya.. they may of added it instead.. nor did she mention any CREDIT due

to a late departure.. if she e mails .. I will update you .. She is also my TA. Ann

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on this cruise last year. We had noro AND fog expected for our return. Our scheduled stop at Belize was cancelled and we did receive a very nice OBC. Actually ended up with more OBC when we got back than we left with:D. That eased the pain.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our Feb. 22 sailing...Although our itinerary has one day at sea and then Cozumel as the first port. I'm not sure they could substitute a port in that scenario. We certainly could not make it to Costa Maya any quicker than Cozumel, I don't think?

UP date .. they are missing Roatan but calling at Costa Maya instead .. Ship is moving very fast

Ann

I was on this cruise from 1/4 – 1/11. The itinerary was changed to Costa Maya instead of Roatan.

The day after we left Cozumel, the captain said he was going to speed up to avoid the fog so we got in to port on time. Looks like the fog caught up with them, delaying the departure…

I was on this cruise from 1/4 – 1/11. The itinerary was changed to Costa Maya instead of Roatan.

The day after we left Cozumel, the captain said he was going to speed up to avoid the fog so we got in to port on time. Looks like the fog caught up with them, delaying the departure…

How long were you at Costa Maya? I am on this cruise in a couple weeks and I am thinking of making back-up plans in case we skip Roatan and do Costa Maya.

Thanks.