American Icon Grill Menu

Thanks for the pictures Phil and Debbie! The food looks really delicious! I just hope the bad reviews are lies. Tsk tsk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Sometimes I wonder what cruise others were on by the varied opinions!! Lol, just glad I was on the one with great service, delicious food, amazing entertainment, and gorgeous ship!!

Thank you!! Sometimes I wonder what cruise others were on by the varied opinions!! Lol, just glad I was on the one with great service, delicious food, amazing entertainment, and gorgeous ship!!

Gotta stay positive all the time no matter what! It's the negativity that destroys one's vacation. Lol. My brother and I are getting on the Quantum in three months! Got tips for a fun time like you had on the Quantum? :)

If the pix posted are any indication I'm not surprised there are complaints. Fried foods, cheese sauce and over the top desserts are not my idea of an enjoyable dinner. It is the reason I haven't eaten in the buffet in years

What he said . . yikes, I could feel my arteries hardening just looking at the pictures.:eek:

Gotta stay positive all the time no matter what! It's the negativity that destroys one's vacation. Lol. My brother and I are getting on the Quantum in three months! Got tips for a fun time like you had on the Quantum? :)

Very true!! I would say try everything! It's all a step above and new and exciting! Don't let the grumpy people sway you. And bottom line, you are on a cruise in the middle of the ocean getting pampered - what is there not to love!?!?

Some tips: 270 is an amazing area. Go often. You will miss it when you are home. Don't miss the shows! Amazing! You can usually easily change reservations. Issues? Of corse there will be issues! There are issues on any cruise. Those are what make for the best stories on your next cruise! Remember the time we... Lol!

Enjoy your cruise!!

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Quantum yesterday. Perhaps they changed the dinner menu? There was No burger or fried chicken or pretzel dog for dinner on our sailing. They ran out of vanilla ice cream for the warm cookie dessert, ( but it was great anyway with butter pecan ice cream) and they ran out of romaine lettuce for salads, substituting wild lettuce without first informing us. Small issues, both. Overall, this was the ONLY place for a decent meal! It was not spectacular, but good. The dining on this ship was generally awful. Very difficult to change restaurant reservations except to go eat before 5 or after 9! Everyone was complaining. Everyone! It was the most common conversation on the ship. The worst was Chic. Very poor service and food. Considering the fact that there was no deal when booking this cruise, and we paid top dollar, I expected the same top service and food as other ships in this line and in Celebrity. The only ship I have ever been disappointed in like this was NCL Breakaway which has similar dining issues. Book American Icon a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pictures Phil and Debbie! The food looks really delicious! I just hope the bad reviews are lies. Tsk tsk.

I would bet very few of the reviews are lies. Peoples tastes are just very, very different. Also every wait staff or chef has an off night or meal, and people are more likely to come on CC and complain of a bad experience. Average or above average experienced for most people, except us CC addicts, never get written up it posted.

Also RCI definitely had issues with QOS rollout that they are working on fixing. For example, assistant waiters are back.

Edited by DM_KidAtHeart

We enjoyed AI on night 3 of our 10 night cruise, but we ate very, very early in order to get out in time for Momma Mia (5:30). Service was very fast and efficient. I had the pistachio crusted salmon and it was delicious. My husband enjoyed the southwestern pasta. I don't remember what our friends ate, but they liked it.

Night 10 - back at AI - Superbowl Sunday. We ate very late - 9:20, and ordered for our husbands who arrived right after the game. Service was rushed, and clearly annoyed since the place was almost empty. Don't allow people to be seated at 9:30 if you're going to have an attitude. I never got the coffee I asked for. At that point the waiter was completely ignoring us. They had changed up the menu a bit and we were thrilled to see grilled lobster. My friend and I both ordered it, and neither of us could eat much of it. It was absolutely horrible!!! Completely oversalted as to be inedible. The salad was almost all iceberg and dripping with water. What a disappointment that on the last night we had the worst food.

Love It or Hate It, The American Icon Grille is just that. By one definition, Icon means widely recognized and or admired. By the pictures posted, those foods represent the American diet, the foods that many Americans love,fried, greasy, cheesy, high calorie foods, and very over the top fattening desserts.

This diet is why so many Americans are over weight. That is not my opinion, but a fact.

So taking all of that into consideration the name is perfect.

The restaurant may not be what everyone likes, that is why there are other choices. Some people like fast food, and others love fine dining. A restaurant may be loved by some and hated by others,

We just got off the Quantum yesterday. Perhaps they changed the dinner menu? There was No burger or fried chicken or pretzel dog for dinner on our sailing. They ran out of vanilla ice cream for the warm cookie dessert, ( but it was great anyway with butter pecan ice cream) and they ran out of romaine lettuce for salads, substituting wild lettuce without first informing us. Small issues, both. Overall, this was the ONLY place for a decent meal! It was not spectacular, but good. The dining on this ship was generally awful. Very difficult to change restaurant reservations except to go eat before 5 or after 9! Everyone was complaining. Everyone! It was the most common conversation on the ship. The worst was Chic. Very poor service and food. Considering the fact that there was no deal when booking this cruise, and we paid top dollar, I expected the same top service and food as other ships in this line and in Celebrity. The only ship I have ever been disappointed in like this was NCL Breakaway which has similar dining issues. Book American Icon a lot!

American Icon the only place for a decent meal for a dinner? Really? Looking at the menus, AI does not interest me at all for dinners. Wow, I hope I don't have the same experience. I have been reading how much things improved lately. Sorry you were so disappointed.

We also got off Quantum, and we are 3 dinners in American Icon, 3 dinners in Chic, 2 in Grande and others in Coastal kitchen. American icon has changed the menu (we were also on in November) and the pretzel dogs, and hamburgers are no longer on the menu. There is a surf and turf, shrimp and filet, which was delicious, my husband loved the turkey dinner as did another at our table. We were told the turkey dinner is the most popular meal on the ship! Our food was always hot and our service was outstanding. The short ribs are still on the menu, as are barbecue ribs, but I can't remember the other things. The warm skillet cookie is a great dessert.

Food is subjective, but I have no complaints about any of the food in these restaurants. I liked some dishes better than others, onion crusted chicken in Chic was one of my favorites, but the beef we had at all of the. Ensues was excellent, and the lobster in Grande was much better than usual cruise ship lobster.

I did hear some complaints about dynamic dining, but not everyone was complaining. We were a group of 16 onboard and all of us enjoyed the food and the service. We are not novice cruisers, 2 were emerald, 12 diamond plus and 2 pinnacles, so we do have something to compare it to. I think you either love or hate dynamic dining, but I see a lot of improvement sine we sailed Quantum in November.

I think you're exagerating quite a lot here - on cruise critic alone there are a number of positive reviews of the restaurants on the same cruise you have just got off.

More likely a case of negativity attracts negativity and people complaining will be drawn to others complaining.

We sailed on Jan 11th & Jan 23rd. Our friends from Omaha, Nebraska were on the Jan 11th cruise with us. I suggested we skip AI because of the bad reviews, however they wanted to give each restaurant a chance. We were all surprised and glad we didn't decide based upon what we read on CC. We all loved AI. Each ordered something different and I remember that I had the Nebraska short ribs. All 3 were jealous! Everyone else enjoyed their meals (DH had the turkey dinner, One of our friends had the surf & turf, sorry I forget the other dinner). We were surprised that apple pie was not a dessert choice. I did have the banana split dessert. All 4 of us liked AI so much we went back later in the cruise. This time all 4 of us had the short ribs - no jealousy!

DH & I went again on our Jan 23rd cruise and the menu changed. They still had the short ribs and they added apple pie. I forget what they removed. The only thing we recall is the Caesar salad was gone.

We felt the service was not slow as many have reported. Help has been provided for the waiters. On our second cruise the head waiter for our area came by and we spoke with him for quite a while. RCCL realized the waiter could not do everything - drinks, order, clear the table, coffee etc and has added assistant waiters. We were pleased with service each time.

I must add we had the baked macaroni as an appetizer multiple times and I have read on CC they it's been taken off the menu. That's a dish we all really liked.

I think you have to give AI a chance and form your own opinion.

We sailed on Jan 11th & Jan 23rd. Our friends from Omaha, Nebraska were on the Jan 11th cruise with us. I suggested we skip AI because of the bad reviews, however they wanted to give each restaurant a chance. We were all surprised and glad we didn't decide based upon what we read on CC. We all loved AI. Each ordered something different and I remember that I had the Nebraska short ribs. All 3 were jealous! Everyone else enjoyed their meals (DH had the turkey dinner, One of our friends had the surf & turf, sorry I forget the other dinner). We were surprised that apple pie was not a dessert choice. I did have the banana split dessert. All 4 of us liked AI so much we went back later in the cruise. This time all 4 of us had the short ribs - no jealousy!

DH & I went again on our Jan 23rd cruise and the menu changed. They still had the short ribs and they added apple pie. I forget what they removed. The only thing we recall is the Caesar salad was gone.

We felt the service was not slow as many have reported. Help has been provided for the waiters. On our second cruise the head waiter for our area came by and we spoke with him for quite a while. RCCL realized the waiter could not do everything - drinks, order, clear the table, coffee etc and has added assistant waiters. We were pleased with service each time.

I must add we had the baked macaroni as an appetizer multiple times and I have read on CC they it's been taken off the menu. That's a dish we all really liked.

I think you have to give AI a chance and form your own opinion.

Well said, we went to AI after trying 3 other complimentary dining options and wish we had though of coming earlier. Love banana splits but not a huge fan of the banana dessert, again loved going for breakfast when I didn't want to do a full Buffett and order off the breakfast menu

Better question would be to ask if anybody has recently had an excellent meal at Silk

Better question would be to ask if anybody has recently had an excellent meal at Silk

We did our 1/23 cruise. We enjoyed the food very much the first time and had good service. Later in the week, we had some of the same items and some new. The second time, the food was not as good and service "off". For example, the egg drop soup was excellent the first time. The second, the consistency was weird and tasted strange. Same with the other dishes. I am guessing a different cook the second visit and it was disappointing.