8:30 Traditional Dining Waitlist with 6 months to go??

CHAMPDDS

Okay..so my 5 cabin, 11 passenger group has found ourselves in the Dynamic Dining loop (sailing on the Oasis in July, 2015)..originally booked 4 months ago and was by default it seems put in My Time Dining, and that eventually evolved into Dynamic Dining ( when I would check online)... Well, it is now back to MTD online, but we have requested to change to Traditional Late Seating, as we have had trouble convenience-wise previously with 10+ people using MTD...

So currently, when I check online, 3 of the 5 cabins are MTD with waitlist for Late Seating, and the others are MTD with no indication of a waitlist... A phone call to RCCL Friday sounded like the three cabins were confirmed LATE SEATING, and the other two were likely to be soon...

So my questions are:

1) with a saildate almost 6 months away, is it typical to already have seating assignments already that booked and thus requiring a waitlist to exist for Late Seating?

2) is is just wishful thinking that all 5 cabins will actually be changed to Late Seating like we want?

Thanks!!!

David:D

...1) with a saildate almost 6 months away, is it typical to already have seating assignments already that booked and thus requiring a waitlist to exist for Late Seating?

2) is is just wishful thinking that all 5 cabins will actually be changed to Late Seating like we want?

Thanks!!!

It's not unusual to have a waitlist these days. I've seen posts that say they've been waitlisted for dining more than a year in advance of the cruise.

Edited by clarea

Royal is just getting their website figured out with regards to Oasis and Allure dining. Currently, it appears many people are on MTD because of the conversion from DD back to Early/Late/MTD and that early/late seating are set up as waitlists as of now.

I think if you just give it some time, early/late seating should become available and then you can call and get all the cabins on late seating. I talked to a rep last week and they said our choice for early/late dining should become available between mid-january and next month.

I would just give it some time and then call. I'm sailing on the Oasis in May and currently have MTD because I booked when DD was supposed to be on our cruise, but I want late seating. I'll be calling within the next week to get it figured out...

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Royal is just getting their website figured out with regards to Oasis and Allure dining. Currently, it appears many people are on MTD because of the conversion from DD back to Early/Late/MTD and that early/late seating are set up as waitlists as of now.

I think if you just give it some time, early/late seating should become available and then you can call and get all the cabins on late seating. I talked to a rep last week and they said our choice for early/late dining should become available between mid-january and next month.

I would just give it some time and then call. I'm sailing on the Oasis in May and currently have MTD because I booked when DD was supposed to be on our cruise, but I want late seating. I'll be calling within the next week to get it figured out...

Thank you..that is reassuring...I quick look at ********** shows 48% cabins available still ..so your post makes sense..