My onboard credit doesn't show up anywhere

ottmar

As part of my booking a balcony during the WOW promotion on the Oasis I was given a $200 OBC (I know that the regular OBC for balcony is $100, but this was $200)

In MY Cruises or on my online check-in or anywhere else, there is no mention of this OBC so I am not sure that it will be applied, shouldn't there be a place where it is as part of the payment or somewhere?

As part of my booking a balcony during the WOW promotion on the Oasis I was given a $200 OBC (I know that the regular OBC for balcony is $100, but this was $200)

In MY Cruises or on my online check-in or anywhere else, there is no mention of this OBC so I am not sure that it will be applied, shouldn't there be a place where it is as part of the payment or somewhere?

Go to My Cruises, Cruise documentation tab, check Status on vacation documents to view summary of charges and you will see your itemized fare including the OBC.

This is a common problem I have dealt with over the past two years. The OBC was not showing up on any of my invoices.

I call each time and RC tells me not to worry - it is showing up on their computers (great IT system). I then ask for an email confirming the exact OBC present for each booking.

I take a pint out with me on my cruise just in case. The good news - I have never had any OBC issues on board. The OBC always shows up on day 2!!

Its all part the RC "WOW" process. Your shocked if don't have to wait in line at Guest Services every trip.

Best Wishes!1

Is this the same if you booked through a travel agent?

You cannot see any changes on Royal's website if you book with a travel agent. However, you can still ask the agent for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

You cannot see any charges on Royal's website if you book with a travel agent. However, you can still ask the agent for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

Fixed the misspelling.

Go to My Cruises, Cruise documentation tab, check Status on vacation documents to view summary of charges and you will see your itemized fare including the OBC.

Thank you, I found it, it is $100 OBC for each passenger...spending money.

...Ott

• 4 years later...

I am struggling with RCCL right now concerning onboard credit.  I redeemed points from my RCCL Visa card in December.  When I redeemed them, it stated that they would show up on my account within two weeks.  When they didn't, I called the rewards desk at RCCL and they said that the OBC would show up 2 weeks before sail date.  They did not.  I called again, and now they are saying 7-10 days before sail date.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I sail in 13 days and don't want to worry about this once onboard.....and frankly, don't want to worry about this now either!

2 minutes ago, jmzburns said:

I am struggling with RCCL right now concerning onboard credit.  I redeemed points from my RCCL Visa card in December.  When I redeemed them, it stated that they would show up on my account within two weeks.  When they didn't, I called the rewards desk at RCCL and they said that the OBC would show up 2 weeks before sail date.  They did not.  I called again, and now they are saying 7-10 days before sail date.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I sail in 13 days and don't want to worry about this once onboard.....and frankly, don't want to worry about this now either!

Just had the same experience, they must be backlogged.  I just had some OBC show up less than two weeks before the cruise.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Just had the same experience, they must be backlogged.  I just had some OBC show up less than two weeks before the cruise.

Thanks Bob.....that is strangely reassuring.  I just wish they wouldn't have changed their reply every time I called.

4 minutes ago, jmzburns said:

Thanks Bob.....that is strangely reassuring.  I just wish they wouldn't have changed their reply every time I called.

Are you calling the redemption people at 888-305-4626?

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Are you calling the redemption people at 888-305-4626?

Yep, and at the last call they said "if" the points don't show up before the sail date, "then" they will dig deeper.  I don't want to be on the cruise while they are digging, if you know what I mean!

11 minutes ago, jmzburns said:

Yep, and at the last call they said "if" the points don't show up before the sail date, "then" they will dig deeper.  I don't want to be on the cruise while they are digging, if you know what I mean!

Same thing I was thinking until our OBC showed up yesterday.

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

If you try the cruise planner OBC from RCI will show up there.

That is where I go to check, but still nothing........and when I call the redemption desk, they have no information either.....

5 hours ago, SRF said:

If the OBC is from the TA, it will not show up until you sail.  Maybe day 2.

The OBC is not from a TA....it is redeemed points from my credit card.  I redeemed the points in December.  Hopefully, I won't lose them if the OBC doesn't show up!

1 minute ago, jmzburns said:

The OBC is not from a TA....it is redeemed points from my credit card.  I redeemed the points in December.  Hopefully, I won't lose them if the OBC doesn't show up!

Just keep your email confirmation, you should be OK.

12 hours ago, jmzburns said:

Call your credit card company.

RCI will credit your account when the credit card company passes the credit to them.

4 hours ago, SRF said:

Call your credit card company.

RCI will credit your account when the credit card company passes the credit to them.

Already did that and they too called RCCL and were given the same info that I was given - first that it would be applied in 2 weeks, then that it would be applied 2 weeks before the sail date, and finally that it would be applied 7-10 days before the sail date.   Will just have to wait and see!