Dimensions of printed luggage tags

lizard3684

I'm trying to sew luggage tag holders, but every cruise line seems to have different sizes. Can anyone out there measure theirs and post here? I want to make them so that the printing fits exactly in the window, so they look nice and neat.

TIA

;)

I'm trying to sew luggage tag holders, but every cruise line seems to have different sizes. Can anyone out there measure theirs and post here? I want to make them so that the printing fits exactly in the window, so they look nice and neat.

TIA

;)

As noted, the luggage tags sent ahead of your cruise are much like the airport luggage tags (with adhesive backing to attach them):

343ruy9.jpg

They measure 2"X16" in length (2"X8 1/2" when folded).

There are also luggage tags given at the end of the cruise, they have a character (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Tinkerbell, Goofy) and colored background to aid in location of bags in the terminal after debarking:

t5iuxw.jpg

They are oval and 4"X2 1/2" at their widest points.

You are aware that the DCL tags look like the airline luggage tags--with sticky on one end and they wrap around the handle ? Guess I'm not seeing how you would fit these in a holder. Sorry' date=' I'm not at home where I could measure them for you.[/quote']

Thanks for your help. Yeah, no, I'm not aware of Disney's tagging system.

My recent cruises have been On RCCL, and the tags that you print on your home computer ripped off, so our luggage went into a holding pen until they could figure out who it belonged to.

So, for my upcoming cruise, I decided to use a sturdier holder, but the printed ones don't fit a standard luggage tag. I whipped up some for myself, and wanted to make some for a friend who is doing Disney later this year.

It looks like Disney's are made out of Tyvek like the airline ones, and not likely to rip off.

On RCCL, only the higher level cabins have tags sent to the. The rest of us have to deal with the ones we print out ourselves. Sigh!:rolleyes:

If you're really worried about your DCL tags coming off, you could use a regular luggage tag that can be read without having to open a flap or cover. On the face of the tag, put in your own tag with basic information:

Disney Magic

M. Mouse

Stateroom 1234

Will help the CM quickly identify where the bag needs to go.

I have more trouble GETTING the tags off than worrying about them coming off on their own (the ones for going to the ship). Those dudes are quite sturdy. The ones on the way home are easily folded, mashed, or torn...but Disney sees their purpose as ID in the terminal only. They don't care beyond that whether they last or not.

As noted, it's always good to have another tag on the outside of your bag as well as ID information inside. I don't bother with cabin info on the second tag as the one I use is a sturdy plastic that has served for years. But it does have my name and they can track me from that. Also, if I'm flying, the airline tags have my name as well.

FWIW we use the plastic luggage tag holders for our cruises.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530

We own two different sizes and the DCL tags did not fit in either.

However,, as noted, they are quite sturdy (but one of my son's did get torn almost completely off).

We did reinforce ours with clear packing tape.

Edited by sippican