Vaccine requirement required to board in Rio ??

munch1

Just wondering if the yellow fever vaccine is a requirement for boarding the Journey in Rio. Our family doctor does not wish us to get this shot but travel clinic advises to ask if it is a requirement in able to board our ship and we would therefore need a waiver from clinic. Looking at CDC site it looks like it is not necessary for our ports of call. Cruise is February 19 from Rio to Miami.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sharon

Just wondering if the yellow fever vaccine is a requirement for boarding the Journey in Rio. Our family doctor does not wish us to get this shot but travel clinic advises to ask if it is a requirement in able to board our ship and we would therefore need a waiver from clinic. Looking at CDC site it looks like it is not necessary for our ports of call. Cruise is February 19 from Rio to Miami.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sharon

If you get a doctors letter stating that you can't have any specified vaccine due to health concerns. They usually don't require to have it. Sometimes certain countries will require it , not the cruise line.

Personally I would check with the cruise line for requirements.

If you get a doctors letter stating that you can't have any specified vaccine due to health concerns. They usually don't require to have it. Sometimes certain countries will require it , not the cruise line.

Personally I would check with the cruise line for requirements.

Thanks Kamloops. Having TA check but just wondered if anyone who boarded recently in Rio was asked pre boarding if they had had yellow Fever vaccine.

No vaccines are required to board in Rio. We neither had received any vaccinations nor were asked about them when boarding in Rio last month. Although if your cruise hits ports in the Amazon region, maybe they are required? We sailed south to Buenos Aires, and there were no requirements for our specific itinerary.

Michael

No vaccines are required to board in Rio. We neither had received any vaccinations nor were asked about them when boarding in Rio last month. Although if your cruise hits ports in the Amazon region, maybe they are required? We sailed south to Buenos Aires, and there were no requirements for our specific itinerary.

Michael

We were told to get a yellow fever for our recent Regent cruise to the Amazon. I don't recall if they asked or not at embarkation. I do know that another couple did not get the shot at the advice of their physician and may have brought a letter to that effect.

It's been a couple of years, but I don't recall being asked either. However, as we were planning a post cruise excursion to Iguazu Falls, we obtained yellow fever boosters and had the card with our passport. Unless things have changed, I believe that yellow fever immunization is recommended only if you are going into the interior areas. If you are just doing a coastal trip, it should not be an issue.

Michael

Thanks Micheal for your response. This is what I thought as per readingi info on CDC site also a Brazil site shows and names areas and cities reccommended or not. Canadian Health site also states no shots necessary although CDC is much better site It was a nurse/receptionist at Travel Clinic who suggested we may not be able to board ship without the shots or waiver. Probably another way for clinic to charge extra !!

Thanks Marinaro44 and Mare s. For your responses

Sharon