Really worried about upcoming trip (1-23)

Kosi

I never really was following this ship after it was in the US.. And about 1 month ago I started reading to try and get tips on everything on the ship.. I wished I didn't look:( It seems this may be a very long 10 night cruise..

We are not picky.. but there are some things that will be deal breakers.. one big one.. we have all our reservations in place.. with shows.. not an easy feat! ..and if I am met with the loss of a reservation.. I will be really mad.. I did take photos of my online calendar.. with my phone and plan on showing them.. but I read that doesn't seem to even matter.. !! This ship better kick it into gear , and fast!!

You will have a marvelous time aboard Quantum of the Seas. She is a gorgeous ship. From everything I have read recently, the service at dinner is much improved.

Enjoy yourself, nothing is ever perfect. You will be traveling aboard a glorious, brand new ship in the balmy and tropical Caribbean. Go with an open mind and be ready to have a good time, otherwise you might not..

Jonathan

I have been following the post everyday from day one. Up to new years I was pretty worried too. But when you are reading the post every day, you will see that every day there are less negative and more positive reviews. It seems that since the New Years cruise things have turned around.

I was so close to cancelling, but know I am excited again (cruising on April 24). I think you should be excited too.

Edited by RCfuncruiser10

We were on Quantum for 3 nights (yes we had quite a few issues) and will be on the same sailing with you. I am bringing a copy of the Cruise Plan Summary that Royal sent to me listing all our dining and show reservations. The first thing I will do once on board is to confirm all our dining reservations. Things have changed in the past few sailings and they have brought in additional wait staff which should help in speeding up the dining process. If Quantum was that bad, we would not be going back on her next week and again in April.

As the previous posters indicated "Go with an open mind and be ready to have a good time" and "there are less negative reviews", I agreed with both of them :)

Enjoyed our December Quantum cruise so much, booked it for April 2015, and the Anthem for November 2015. No problems with dining or show reservations. Did IFly, NorthStar and bumper cars. Ship is beautiful. Food mostly fair but I am a very picky eater. Loved Jamie's. ENOY!!!

I had virtually no reservations. We had to wait just once in a week to get a table. All other times we walked up, smiled and asked politely and were seated within a minute and this was anytime between 7 and 8:30 pm

Only one night did dinner take more than an hour.

The only disappointing thing was the quality of the food. The most bland and average food we have had on a cruise but edible.

Only Jamies and The Solarium Bistro were anything to shout about but then we didn't try several others due to similar reports.

We were on Quantum for 3 nights (yes we had quite a few issues) and will be on the same sailing with you. I am bringing a copy of the Cruise Plan Summary that Royal sent to me listing all our dining and show reservations. The first thing I will do once on board is to confirm all our dining reservations. Things have changed in the past few sailings and they have brought in additional wait staff which should help in speeding up the dining process. If Quantum was that bad, we would not be going back on her next week and again in April.

As the previous posters indicated "Go with an open mind and be ready to have a good time" and "there are less negative reviews", I agreed with both of them :)

Just check your TV. All reservations are listed there. Don't clog up queues for people booking.

I never really was following this ship after it was in the US.. And about 1 month ago I started reading to try and get tips on everything on the ship.. I wished I didn't look:( It seems this may be a very long 10 night cruise..

We are not picky.. but there are some things that will be deal breakers.. one big one.. we have all our reservations in place.. with shows.. not an easy feat! ..and if I am met with the loss of a reservation.. I will be really mad.. I did take photos of my online calendar.. with my phone and plan on showing them.. but I read that doesn't seem to even matter.. !! This ship better kick it into gear , and fast!!

i just got off the jan 3 cruise. all of my reservations for my party of 6 disappeared off my planner right before we left, and i was freaking out. turns out they were all correct onboard, and we were able to get to every restaurant and see every show we had booked. even my ifly reservation i had made at home showed up at the ifly check-in with no problems (though i chickened out and didn't go, and made another stand-by party very happy :o ). we waited for about 20 min for our 8:15 american icon reservation the first night, and about 10 min for the grande later on in the trip, but those were the only waits (the grande offered to send us to coastal kitchen instead, but since we were in a suite so could get to CK anyway, we declined). dinner for our party of 6 consistently took 90-120 minutes, same as the MDR on other ships. we were able to book some dinners on the fly, including jamie's italian. every dinner had runners for water and beverages, etc, and most had true assistant waiters.

i had been really worried reading all the previous reviews, but i feel like royal has been proactive in taking steps to address the complaints. there were still many people onboard who weren't pleased with the whole idea of dynamic dining; however, if you're ok with the general concept, the execution has much improved and you should be fine. fwiw, i expected to hate it (hated freestyle on ncl), and by the end realized i liked it a lot, other than missing having the same waiter nightly.