What is the International Cafe

scienceteacher

Coffee card is no bargain unless you are a BIG coffee drinker. I would up paying over $10 a cup when I went that route. Never again.

? What am I missing? Coffee card costs under $34 for 15 "punches." Depending on the ship, a punch is good for a specialty coffee, gelato, crepes, and maybe some other things. In addition, you get unlimited fresh brewed coffee and tea for the duration of the voyage and any leftover punches are good on future Princess cruises.

The only way I can see that a coffee card cost you over $10 per cup would be if you used only 3 punches and never plan to do another Princess cruise.

Or am I mis-understanding something?

coffee card was a good buy for me i used all 15 some were on the $^ plus speciality ones like the chilled ones etc was good value as was my unlimited drinks card for mock tails etc and sodas/coke etc got my monies worth out of that too

? What am I missing? Coffee card costs under $34 for 15 "punches." Depending on the ship' date=' a punch is good for a specialty coffee, gelato, crepes, and maybe some other things. In addition, you get unlimited fresh brewed coffee and tea for the duration of the voyage and any leftover punches are good on future Princess cruises.

The only way I can see that a coffee card cost you over $10 per cup would be if you used only 3 punches and never plan to do another Princess cruise.

Or am I mis-understanding something?[/quote']

I got three coffees, nothing really special, just ordinary coffee after dinner. Got busy with other things. Cruise over. They wrote the ship on the back of the card, so it is no good any more, unless I sneak it on that ship again (which I might try to do, since we have another cruise booked on the same ship next year... if I can find it again...if it isn't discarded with the other paperwork). Really not a fun feature, so I definitely would never do it again.

I got three coffees, nothing really special, just ordinary coffee after dinner. Got busy with other things. Cruise over. They wrote the ship on the back of the card, so it is no good any more, unless I sneak it on that ship again (which I might try to do, since we have another cruise booked on the same ship next year...

The 'punches' continue to be usable on any princess ship.

The only 'benefit' that is limited to the voyage written on the

back of the ship is free brewed coffee.

Not according to the guy behind the counter on the Princess ship where I tried to use it.

I think you were mis-informed. I just got off the Royal Princess and I used the 9 punches I had left on my Pacific Princess card from last year before I started using the card I bought for the Royal Princess. The punches from the old card worked for specialty coffees, not brewed. I think the cards are great value - especially on the Royal & Regal, where you can also get gelato or crepes.

They had a really good peanut butter parfait. I had several of them :eek:

My husband loves things like Reeses, so when I saw them one day, they had strawberries on all of them. DH is allergic, so I asked the nice attendant/chef if they had any without strawberries. He asked me when I would like them. I said how about 10 PM. He had 4 fresh ones made up for us and we picked them up later that night. Such great service.

-Also (we were on the Grand) this is a great place to grab some salad to go with your pizza at Alfred's! IC and Alfredo's, my two favorites!

Edited by familyoutdoors

They had a really good peanut butter parfait. I had several of them :eek:

My husband loves things like Reeses, so when I saw them one day, they had strawberries on all of them. DH is allergic, so I asked the nice attendant/chef if they had any without strawberries. He asked me when I would like them. I said how about 10 PM. He had 4 fresh ones made up for us and we picked them up later that night. Such great service.

-Also (we were on the Grand) this is a great place to grab some salad to go with your pizza at Alfred's! IC and Alfredo's, my two favorites!

That sounds great. I hope they have them on the Ruby in February. I also like the Orange pana cotta.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

Not according to the guy behind the counter on the Princess ship where I tried to use it.

As others have said you received bad information. The cards are good from ship to ship for specialty coffee but once the original cruise is over you will no longer receive the fresh brewed coffee without a punch.

As others have said you received bad information. The cards are good from ship to ship for specialty coffee but once the original cruise is over you will no longer receive the fresh brewed coffee without a punch.

If that's the case, somebody needs to tell the guys behind the counter. I don't argue; it's really not worth the hassle. That's why I will never buy another.

• 3 weeks later...
The International Cafe is normally located on Deck 5 next to a coffee bar.

The items are free with some exceptions. In the morning they have pastries and on some ships they also provide a fried egg with ham and cheese sandwich.

At noon they change to some sandwiches and salads.

Bob

Sounds yummy!! I will have to remember that.

If that's the case, somebody needs to tell the guys behind the counter. I don't argue; it's really not worth the hassle. That's why I will never buy another.

You got one misinformed person. Seems a shame to forego a nice benefit simply on the evidence of one mistake. But hey, it's your money. ;) I have used old cards on different ships for many years and never had anyone tell me I couldn't.

I just got off the Grand Princes last week. I used our coffee cards for fresh brewed coffee, much better than the syrup stuff they use. We had lattes every morning and hot chocolate in the afternoon, definitely worth the money. Hubby didn't finish his card punches so we will use it for lattes on our next cruise and I will buy another coffee card so I can get the fresh brew. I love the International Cafe, but I've read how great the chicken salad is and I was very disappointed. Maybe it depends on who makes it? There was a lot of mayo in it, it was almost liquidy...not what I was expecting.

You told us you only used a couple punches, anyway.

Probably smarter to pay-as-you-go, if you have no plans

to ever use up the entire card.

Mrs. Pablo can usually blast through two cards during a 7-day

cruise, so it's a good value for her. And, they can write what

ever they want on the back, as we only need the card for a

few days, and it's done.

I love the International Cafe, but I've read how great the chicken salad is and I was very disappointed. Maybe it depends on who makes it? There was a lot of mayo in it, it was almost liquidy...not what I was expecting.

There is more than one kind of chicken salad. It depends on the day of the week. It also depends on who is making it. I have had the shrimp salad on several ships, and it can be really good or just mediocre. Same for the tuna sandwiches, my other regular at IC.

You got one misinformed person. Seems a shame to forego a nice benefit simply on the evidence of one mistake. But hey, it's your money. ;) I have used old cards on different ships for many years and never had anyone tell me I couldn't.

Actually, no, TWO "misinformed persons" (two different venues).

I found it and will take it on my next (Royal Princess) cruise. MAYBE I can get a couple of gelatos for the lady and me. We will just have to go to the counter at different times. We'll see. Maybe I can push down the cost of those three brewed coffees. :cool:

Earlier postings seem to think some are hogging the chairs are spending too much time in them. So if there are no rules limiting a persons usage then why would they make such comments?

Rules are rules and courtesy is courtesy. As was stated before, there is limited seating near the IC and the comment was made that some people will get a table and play cards or grab a book and read in that area. There are a few hundred places aboard that are much better, for people that want to grab something from the IC and eat it there. There are lots of people that think they should be allowed to go in the dining room on formal nights with cutoff shorts and a T-shirt also, because it is THEIR vacation. Courtesy has just about disappeared. I realize some people don't think when they do a lot of things, but when they see people standing with a plate and a cup of coffee, near the IC and they are sitting there taking up a table playing cards, you would think they would get a clue. But there are many that are totally clueless.