Just back from Equinox 1/2/15 sailing

Fredric22

We too were on this sailing ... we didn't attend any CC functions or elite functions as we were traveling with family so can't comment on either CC or elite functions

We had a great cruise but if i had to sum it up in only one word ...it would be 'inconsistent'

We would order a drink at the martini bar - FABULOUS ...order the drink again ... tastes like rocket fuel. Order an aspen coffee -- DELISH ...order again ... all booze ... undrinkable.

Luckily we had the drink package so we would just walk away from the drinks .... but it feels so wasteful.

We also had the 5 night dining package we went to specialty dining every other night with murano in the center of the week ... While we enjoyed this ... I don't feel I got my $$ worth. I don't eat red meat and found other options very limited for multiple visits. On our 2nd night in silk harvest we only ordered appetizers and sushi... they were much better than the entrees which we thought were lacking.

The specialty dining venues seemed much more RUSHED than on prior cruises. Our waiter informed us that they used to have an assistant for every waiter and now they have 2 assistants for the entire restaurant... we had fabulous service ...but they were running their butts off with no time to spare

We had select dining which worked out very well for us and we had a wonderful waiter named Olexander and his asst. Delroy. We thought the hostess in specialty dining was rude but found all other staff to be wonderful and very nice (maybe she was having a bad week)

I agree with other comments about desserts ... really my favorite part of any meal but most nights we felt they were just awful .... desserts at bacio much better

Our stateroom attendant was invisible and kept our room spotless

We found all the employees at Bacio to be super friendly and accommodating EVERY day and they were ALWAYS busy ...all times of day

We felt there were a lot more children on this cruise than on any other we have taken in the past.

e

MarKay525 - We also flew JBlu and YES, they are participants in the Luggage Valet program. We loved not having to bother with our suitcases and could just go to the gate on arrival at the airport (they did the boarding passes, too).

We had the worst bed pillows you can imagine - my only real complaint. I should have asked for different ones. Hope you have better ones. Enjoy your cruise.