Fort Lauderdale's Top 10 Locals Restaurants

BlueHerons

It's an interesting list, isn't it? I've been to all of them except for Rendezvous. I like them each for different reasons, except for Ernie's...I've been there twice and just don't get it.

Yes! I had never heard of Rendevous until I saw that list.

Ernies is a little dirty or something for me.

I never thought of Southport as strictly locals.

Yes! I had never heard of Rendevous until I saw that list.

Ernies is a little dirty or something for me.

I never thought of Southport as strictly locals.

I have been to Rendezvous a few times, when the Duffy electric boat rental was still in business. It's a decent bar, with bar food, but nothing special. Definitely locals and yachties go there as it is very hidden.

I only like the Bimini Bread at Ernie's, but the rest of the menu is just meh.

They should have noted Riverside Market, a great little find in the Tarpon River neighborhood.

Would appreciate a recommendation for restaurants near Embassy Suites at 17th Street. We will be staying one night pre-cruise and want to have dinner with members of our roll call. What are the best options for a good dinner and glass of wine or two?

Would appreciate a recommendation for restaurants near Embassy Suites at 17th Street. We will be staying one night pre-cruise and want to have dinner with members of our roll call. What are the best options for a good dinner and glass of wine or two?

Two years ago when we were in FLL prior to a cruise we ate at Coconuts. It was excellent and I would recommend it. I do believe we will be going back there again this April

Bravo is a good place for a roll call meet up...it's walking distance to Embassy Suites, a non-chain place, the food is decent and there are lots of options within most people's budget...oh, and lots of wines by the glass. It's not the BEST place in Ft. Lauderdale, but you can't go too upscale with a roll call, and it's in your neighborhood.:)

Edited by royalcruz

I stayed at the Embassy Suites this past Nov and would recommend either Duffy's or the Southport Raw Bar.

Duffy's has mostly booths. It's a sports bar. I think they have one table for large parties, so be sure to call and make arrangements ahead of time. They have happy hour all day and night so double wine pours. :)