PVP vs self booking...pros & cons?

nchikk

If I have a 24 hold right now that i made on Carnivals site. If I have a PVP call me now do they still get credit for the booking or will they not want to help since I booked online with the hold.

Thanks

I did the same thing yesterday. I put my cruise on hold, and then called my favorite PVP. I like for her to get the credit. I found out she was promoted to a trainer, and was given a new PVP. He took care of me wonderfully. I sure will miss my old PVP, but, am happy the company is recognizing how wonderful she is. Editing to say, yes, the PVP should get credit for it as it is on HOLD. It is not booked until $$ changes hand. Now, if you were to go through the whole process and pay deposit or in full for the cruise, then no, PVP does not get credit for it.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

I want to book a cruise and we need multiple cabins. I'm running into trouble with the website showing cabins side by side. I would like to use a PVP but was wondering when you call do you get who you get; good, bad or indifferent, OR can you request a certain person?

I love using a PVP... we've used the same woman for bookings since 2001 and wouldn't have it any other way. She's always helpful and yes booking on your own is just as easy and the price is the same but it's always nice to chat with someone and get some information that might not always be available, at least accurate info. She also looks out for her clients, prime example. I sort of forgot my payment due date last year on the Breeze and got a random phone call one morning in May. It was my PVP and she jokingly asked me if we were still sailing on the Breeze, which I responded yes. She then informed me I missed the final payment. She then said our booking wasn't canceled but she needed to check our cabin, which she did and made sure we were all set.

Just had a great chat about the Vista a few days ago...

For me, I've had two errors during the days when it was not usual to book online (did not have a PVP back then). In both cases, they misspelled my wife's name wrong which took what seemed like hours to get fixed. This is the main reason I book online so I can assure myself that all of the information is inputted into the system correctly. I have no problem interacting with humans but I am tired of wasting my time getting human's mistakes corrected.

I know what you mean, I too have had information entered incorrectly and I wasn't getting VIFP credits for my cruises. In all fairness though a very helpful PVP got it straightened out for me.

You know who was doing so good on his post until he added that condescending last line.

Edited by Tutontow

I always do my own research... look for the cruise I want to go on, pick out a few cabin options, etc. then I call my PVP to book it. So glad I did so on my upcoming cruise rather than booking it myself online. When I called her, she quoted me a MUCH lower rate than what I saw online. I luv my PVP and will always book thru her. However, I will continue to do my research 1st. That's just my preference and the way I roll!!! lol! :)

Edited by PreciousCruiser