Booking Dining in Advance

Entertainment (only on new megaships) and dining becomes available 90 days before the departure (100 days for suites). Chef's table can not be reserved in advance, do it immediately after getting onboard, seats are limited.

Specialty restaurants need to be paid at the time you book online also.

That's probably the one part I don't like, we get 2 free dinners for 2 for being platinum and they cannot be booked until we board. Oh well its freestyle just go with the flow. Atleast I'm sailing and not cooking!

That's probably the one part I don't like, we get 2 free dinners for 2 for being platinum and they cannot be booked until we board. Oh well its freestyle just go with the flow. Atleast I'm sailing and not cooking!

Reservations made online are limited in numbers just because of that. If you book after boarding, you can almost definitely get all the reservation times you want.

I'm a NCL newbie and am curious about pre-booking too. We have the UDP and was wondering if the website will detect that or not. Thanks for any insight with this.

I'm a NCL newbie and am curious about pre-booking too. We have the UDP and was wondering if the website will detect that or not. Thanks for any insight with this.

Yes, it knows if you have the UDP. I am cruising in 2 1/2 weeks and went in about 3 weeks ago and booked all of the nights. It comes up as no charge and shows up in our booked items just like any excursions you may have purchased. Go for it. Julia

I guess the consensus is that it's easy to book every night of the cruise in a specialty restaurant, either ahead of time or once on board.

What would happen, if one has the ultimate dining package, and was unable to book a night or two in a specialty restaurant? Are you just out of luck?

Trying to decide if we should take the OBC, dining or beverage package. We drink some, not a lot. Love to eat in the specialty restaurants.

I guess the consensus is that it's easy to book every night of the cruise in a specialty restaurant, either ahead of time or once on board.

What would happen, if one has the ultimate dining package, and was unable to book a night or two in a specialty restaurant? Are you just out of luck?

Trying to decide if we should take the OBC, dining or beverage package. We drink some, not a lot. Love to eat in the specialty restaurants.

Thats a tough one, you will have to do the math and see what they are worth to you...... I did the math and we got all three promos for booking in the haven, however, if the price went down on my suite, it would have to come down over $1000 for it to be worth it for me to take the lower price over the promotions, they are such a good deal!!!!

Prior to our last cruise we used to book all of our dinner reservations on board and we always ran into glitches getting the times we wanted, which generally were early........so last cruise we booked ahead and it was just so easy and seamless...but that is just me!!!

Leah

For our November cruise aboard the Star, I made on-line dinner reservations for every night in the MDR at the same time before boarding the ship. Once on-board, I booked the Chef's Table and just cancelled the MDR reservation. As our plans evolved for the specialty restaurants, I released my reservations in the MDR without any problems. It sure helped to avoid the line of people waiting to enter the MDR during the crunch hours. We just walked to the front of the reservation line and got seated promptly.

For our November cruise aboard the Star, I made on-line dinner reservations for every night in the MDR at the same time before boarding the ship. Once on-board, I booked the Chef's Table and just cancelled the MDR reservation. As our plans evolved for the specialty restaurants, I released my reservations in the MDR without any problems. It sure helped to avoid the line of people waiting to enter the MDR during the crunch hours. We just walked to the front of the reservation line and got seated promptly.

That was so smart of you!!! With the UDP I doubt I will even hit the MDR.....but if I didn't have the UDP, that is a great idea, thanks!

Leah