Taxi Fare from Baltimore BWI Aiport to Dock

Ron66

Can anyone tell me what the fare might be from the Airport in Baltimore (BWI) to the dock that the Grandeur of the Seas uses at Dundalk.

Also does anyone know how hard it is to get a taxi at the dock to get back to the airport after our cruise ? Are there any super shuttles at the pier to the airport ??

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ron

Sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas (9/4/04) in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;09;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rotterdam 6/03

Infinity 6/02

Rembrandt 6/01

Crown Princess

Jubilee

Pacific Princess

Sun Princess

Independence

Elation

Nordic Prince

Festivale

Mardi Gras

Flavia

• 3 months later...

Hi - So how did you go about getting back & forth from BWI to Harbor? We're leaving Monday on Celebrity Galaxy from Baltimore - flying in to BWI. Orbitz messed up our shuttle arrangements, so now we're on our own getting from airport to harbor and back again. We were told that Super Shuttle does not go to the Harbor (?) Did you wind up taking a taxi for $$? Please let us benefit from your experience!

Well I checked around at the airport for the best way to get to the pier.

A Taxi was around $37 plus tip

A supershuttle was around $50

and a ships transfer bought at the airport was $30

Since we had arrived a few days before our cruise and had rented a car, I dropped off the rest of my family at the pier with all the luggage and then returned to the airport to return the car. Since there was just me ( 1 person) to get to the pier from the airport, I bought a transfer from the cruise line at the airport for $30.

For couple or group of 3 I would recommend taking a taxi. if you have a larger group then I would check on the supershuttle as they charge $50 for the first person and then like 10 each for each additional person.

As usual right after I bought my transfer, there were several couples that came by to ask the ships rep about cabs, that I could have split a cab ride with to the pier, but I already had the transfer.

On the return trip, I purchased a transfer on the ship back to the airport. I would actually recommend taking a cab here, as there were plenty of cabs at the pier and I could have made it to the airport much faster using a cab instead of the bus transfer ( which we all waited on for almost an hour since a few people never showed up that were supposed to be on the bus that had early flights) But luckily everyone on the bus still made their flights.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Embarkation at Baltimore was great - fast and easy

So kind of you to take a few minutes and clue us in! We've just about decided on a taxi both ways, and splitting one is a great idea if we can swing it! Now, if only Hurricane Jeanne doesn't stop us from taking the cruise.... hopefully we can fly out of Myrtle Beach, SC, on Monday morning and hopefully the cruise will still go out. Looks like Jeanne is on the same path we're going to be taking to Nova Scotia. We thought going north during hurricane season, we could avoid hurricane problems - kind of ironic, huh? :rolleyes: Thanks again for your help!

Archived