Anyone else have trouble getting their deposit back from MSC?

Tedw

We needed to cancel our cruise before final deadline. Our longtime cruise agent did this in early Novemeber and provided the paperwork right away. This was well before final deadline and the deposit was fully refundable.

In Mid-December I noticed that MSC had yet to credit my card with the deposit. I contacted my agent and she was surprised. Before Christmas she contacted MSC and was told that yes they still had my deposit and a second request would be put through that day and it should show up within 5 business days.

Now in the first week of January they told my agent that it was credited to my account on 12-26-14. But no, it was not. It has not been received by my bank.

This Monday the 12th my agent once again contacted MSC and asked for a supervisor. She promised to contact their accounting people to see what was going on. Two days later, they didn't follow up or even do any work on this and are now just giving us a run around.

My wife and I had thought to schedule another cruise with MSC but now I have my doubts. Anyone have any additional advice on how to break this loose? It is now over 2 months since cancellation and they still have my money.

We needed to cancel our cruise before final deadline. Our longtime cruise agent did this in early Novemeber and provided the paperwork right away. This was well before final deadline and the deposit was fully refundable.

In Mid-December I noticed that MSC had yet to credit my card with the deposit. I contacted my agent and she was surprised. Before Christmas she contacted MSC and was told that yes they still had my deposit and a second request would be put through that day and it should show up within 5 business days.

Now in the first week of January they told my agent that it was credited to my account on 12-26-14. But no, it was not. It has not been received by my bank.

This Monday the 12th my agent once again contacted MSC and asked for a supervisor. She promised to contact their accounting people to see what was going on. Two days later, they didn't follow up or even do any work on this and are now just giving us a run around.

My wife and I had thought to schedule another cruise with MSC but now I have my doubts. Anyone have any additional advice on how to break this loose? It is now over 2 months since cancellation and they still have my money.

I had refund on Dec 26 and i called on Jan 12 because it has not showed up on my credit card and was told that they were short staffed and because of the holiday jada jada jada but that they were going to reissue it and that i would have it 5 to 10 business days. Not a good way to do business.

I just spoke to the acct supervisor and she took care of it, you or your agent should call and ask for the acct supervisor Roxanne Dann.

We don't have problems getting deposits back in the UK we just don't get them back ever.

I did have to get a refund from the having processed the wrong amount for a deposit. I got that back in 5 days.

Now I did have a cruise cancelled by Princess and we get deposits back when the company does it. That took 8 weeks.

MSC admin is not super slick for sure. Disorganised is probably a more accurate way of describing it.

I had no problem but it take 2-3 weeks .:rolleyes:

It took about a month to get the money back from the drink package that was ordered in error by TA. She went ahead and ordered the wrong package without confirming with me. She called back the same day to have it reversed but it still took one month and another phone call before it was completed.

I had an overpayment processed immediately, through the accounts dept at MSC Australia. Showed up in my bank straight away. I informed them by phone that there was a credit on my statement. I asked if the $100 could go towards the daily charges as OBC. They said they would have to refund it. I thought they would just send a cheque in the mail but they wrote to me by email and asked for my bank details so they could pay me back. I thought it was excellent service :)

I don't always get excellent service - right now I'm busy trying to sort out my next cruise which they have booked as two single cruises in two different cabins instead of the 14 day back to back :( that is proving to be a bit of a nightmare atm.:eek: