?s around disembarking - Epic

AandBmom

I'm trying to plan for getting off the ship and to the airport to see how much time we need to fill.

Can someone please answer a few questions...

Can all passengers do the self assist, walk off option with all your stuff (at least once we were on a cruise where only Americans could and us Canadians couldn't)?

If we walk off with all luggage what time typically can we get off?

If we do the put your luggage out the night before option, what time would we get off the ship?

What is the latest we could probably get off?

Can all passengers do the self assist, walk off option with all your stuff (at least once we were on a cruise where only Americans could and us Canadians couldn't)?

On the Dawn (out of Boston) last October many non-US citizens (including myself) were allowed to do self-assist. We all had to go to the Aqua restaurant with our documents (around 7 am (?))and were cleared by US Customs and Immigration. There were cruisers from Europe, Asia and Canada and as far as I could tell no-one had a problem with being cleared. We were off the ship by 8:30 am.

I have also done self-assist of the Gem in NYC.

I'm trying to plan for getting off the ship and to the airport to see how much time we need to fill.

If we walk off with all luggage what time typically can we get off?

If we do the put your luggage out the night before option, what time would we get off the ship?

What is the latest we could probably get off?

Hi, I was on Epic last July, Med cruise. I did easy walk off - it was so much easier.

Yes all passengers can do easy walk off, providing you can manage with your own luggage - you wont be given any assistance.

You can disembark any time you wish providing the gangway is out. Rule of thumb they want everyone off by 8:30am/9am at the very latest - lots of cleaning to do before the next crowd get on at 11:30am!!

If you put your luggage out the night before chances are they will get you off the ship by 7:30am. A friend I met on-boards flight was 1:30pm and her scheduled NCL Bus transfer and luggage tag disembarkation time was 7am!!!!! She ended up cancelling her transfer and getting a taxi - cheaper and easier plus no crazy early start!!

Normally on the 5th/6th day they will give you all the information for disembarking. If you have a scheduled NCL or other company transfer you they will allocate your time slot to a luggage tag colour for leaving your suitcase out. If you're easy walk off then no luggage tags just grab your bags and leave - easy peasy!!

Hope that helps you :)

Edited by Sparkles87