1/15/2015 24 hour sale

Viscus

Good for you! $170 for a 7 day cruise is huge.

Thanks. I know, we were already planning on going and booking in the next couple weeks. So it saved us over $400, I am glad I was up late and being obsessive on checking prices.

How do you take a screenshot? This is the second time I've seen these prices and missed out in the last three weeks or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have an iPhone? Just make sure to press the round home button and the top button (the one that closes your phone/shuts it off). You will hear a camera shot.

If you do it on an ipad that is the same way or on a computer click printscreen.

Edited by Momtoboys2

I'm not sure if I got it or not.

I tried to pay online again today and the system was glitching, as in I would put in the credit card expiration date and the system would tell me there was no credit card expiration date placed.

I've been called my PVP, since I had to talk to him anyhow, and he went ahead and took my credit card for it and will talk to a manager about giving him access to it since I didn't book it through him.

I'm not sure I completely understand but we'll see if I'm actually booked or not the booking was in my online account it showed up so…

2 people ocean view 4 nights $208 including port fees and taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the sale ends at midnight tonight, but I have a 24 hour hold that expires tomorrow, will they still honor the sale rate?

In the past, when you could hold an airline reservation for 24 hours for free, they didn't guarantee the rate, so that's why I'm wondering. Thanks!

I just put a hold on 3 Rooms. Inside cabins on the Splendor. Leaves June 1st out of San Juan. Goes to St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and 3 days at Sea (8 day cruise). It is a repositioning cruise so it lands in New York.

Cruise is $280 per person for this. Insane. Wasn't planning on a cruise this year as we have other expenses (namely 2 kids in private high school next year so tuition...). But for this price - and itinerary we just have to go. We have Southwest points so the airfare is free.

Am waiting to hear back from my Brother and Sister-in-law to see if they can join us. It is also cheaper to get 2 cabins with 2 in each then to get all 4 of us in 1 cabin (which is what we have always done). He said he would put a request in that the cabins be near each other so will probably do that.

He did say they would honor the price as long as I booked before this time tomorrow. So excited!!

How much do I have to put down? or whats the cancel policy on these 24 hour sales

Thanks

I think it still depends on how far out the cruise is. Since the one we booked was next month..we had to pay in full. But to put on hold for 24 hours..you pay nothing.

Prices changed 4 times while I was in the midst of trying to book -- always increasing! So what started at $140 PP, ended up $180 PP.

Very frustrating

That is frustrating. When I saw people stating that happened, I went back and did a mock booking of my cruise and it went back up from $170 to $249 a person.

I am thankful I locked in the $170...seems like they have had a bunch of problems with their sale.

I just put a hold on 3 Rooms. Inside cabins on the Splendor. Leaves June 1st out of San Juan. Goes to St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and 3 days at Sea (8 day cruise). It is a repositioning cruise so it lands in New York.

Cruise is $280 per person for this. Insane. Wasn't planning on a cruise this year as we have other expenses (namely 2 kids in private high school next year so tuition...). But for this price - and itinerary we just have to go. We have Southwest points so the airfare is free.

That's the same one I was trying to book... the main page was showing $111pp, but when you would get to the booking page it was $280pp. Still a great price obviously, but holy cow how great it would have been to get it at $111pp! :eek:

The price for the 4 day Baja Mexico cruise is less than $100 pp. that's $25 a day!!!!!! CRAZY!!!

I know, when I saw the prices...I ran upstairs and almost tripped on them to go tell my husband. We weren't going to book for another 2-3 weeks to see if prices dropped.

Everybody booking these rates, please come back and let us know if the bookings are still active a few days from now. In the past, when glitches like these have occurred (that allowed bookings to be made, payment and all), Carnival came back a few days later, canceled the bookings and refunded any money applied.

Hoping that's not the case for those of you who booked under these rates, but be prepared for a possible cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Thanks to this thread my friends and I are definitely booking our cruise today. It's saving us $50pp so I'm glad a bit obsessive about this cruise otherwise we would have missed this deal. This is going to be our first cruise so we're all excited.

Everybody booking these rates, please come back and let us know if the bookings are still active a few days from now. In the past, when glitches like these have occurred (that allowed bookings to be made, payment and all), Carnival came back a few days later, canceled the bookings and refunded any money applied.

Hoping that's not the case for those of you who booked under these rates, but be prepared for a possible cancellation.

Thanks for the info. We spoke last night to Carnival and this morning when we paid in full for the trip. I don't foresee ours being cancelled. It wasn't a crazy $2 a person type rate. Last night she was saying only a few rooms were at the price when we locked in.

So I am guessing once those were booked, the price went up a little. Seems like ploy to have people click on it and then settle for the higher price..since they want to cruise.

I was on the computer when the offer came in, around 3:52am. It was not showing the crazy low prices at that time. I guess I missed out. I did end up booking a 5 day Fascination for next month at 175pp, plus taxes for a total of $513 for the two of us. The price has now increased to 195pp, plus taxes. We just returned from the 5 day Fantasy on Dec. 27, and we are paying 1/3 of what we paid for that Christmas cruise!

It wasn't a crazy $2 a person type rate.

Those are the ones that I'd be concerned about. Your pricing seems to be legit. :)

Edited by Tapi

Those are the ones that I'd be concerned about. Your pricing seems to be legit. :)

I wonder how many tried to jump on that pricing. I would take a cruise every month if 2 can sale for 180 including taxes and fees. ;)

I was on the computer when the offer came in, around 3:52am. It was not showing the crazy low prices at that time. I guess I missed out. I did end up booking a 5 day Fascination for next month at 175pp, plus taxes for a total of $513 for the two of us. The price has now increased to 195pp, plus taxes. We just returned from the 5 day Fantasy on Dec. 27, and we are paying 1/3 of what we paid for that Christmas cruise!

We booked the Fascination for Feb. 23 and got it for 175 pp. Will you be on that one??

Just remember this folks (from Carnival ticket contract)

"Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. In the event that a cruise fare listed, quoted or advertised through any website, Carnival s sales person, travel agent or any other source is booked, but is incorrect due to an electronic error, typographical error, human error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to correct the erroneous fare by requesting the Guest to pay the correct fare intended, or by canceling the cruise."

Airlines have the same written verbiage in their contracts, yet they are required by the Department of Transportation to honor mistake fares and typographical errors if the origin or destination is an airport located in the United States.

Hotels, rental car agencies and cruise lines do not have to honor mistakes, but many hotels choose to as goodwill. With all of the free cruises Carnival has been giving away lately, ten staterooms at $2pp won't kill them to honor.