Princess cruise sale

peppy3143

Hi. Does anyone know how this current sale with Princess works? I booked one of the sale cruises and can see that I received the proper on board credit. But the way I read the details of the sale we should also get two specialty dinners on "applicable sailings". I expected that we would get the dinners but don't see in my booking on line. Does that mean that all of the sale cruises get it or only certain ones? Thanks!

We booked our cruise through Costco Travel and we selected a cruise that specifically noted the 50th Anniversary Event and our booking does reflect the specialty dining for two people, as well as our $220 shipboard credit. It is my understanding that Princess selects the specialty restaurant as well as the night of your dinner on your behalf so you won't find out until you get to your stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. Does anyone know how this current sale with Princess works? I booked one of the sale cruises and can see that I received the proper on board credit. But the way I read the details of the sale we should also get two specialty dinners on "applicable sailings". I expected that we would get the dinners but don't see in my booking on line. Does that mean that all of the sale cruises get it or only certain ones? Thanks!

I was also wondering about this - the onboard credit is showing for my booking as well. We booked directly through princess and the lady informed me we qualified for the specialty restaurant booking. I wonder if it doesn't show up since Princess books the restaurant and time for you (although it is my understanding you can change this once you're on the ship if it's not to your liking).

I can't speak specifically for this sale, but I can say what happened on a previous similar sale. I booked a cruise on the Ocean Princess under the previous "3 for Free" promotion that included free shore excursion credit and free specialty dining for 2.

My Booking Confirmation included the information about the "3 for Free" promotion under NOTICES. It was also listed under NOTIFICATIONS on my Travel Summary.

The Shore Excursion Credit was listed under ONBOARD CREDITS on the Cruise Personalizer, the Booking Confirmation, and the Travel Summary, and the Onboard Credits could be used for anything onboard - not just for shore excursions.

The Free Specialty Dining did not include onboard credits. When I boarded, I received a voucher for the specialty dining and a notice with a reservation for a specific date and time at a specific specialty restaurant. However, I had no problem calling the Dine Line and cancelling that reservation and then calling later to make another reservation at another specialty restaurant.

I recommend you download your PDF Travel Summary from the Documents section of your Booking Summary on Cruise Personalizer. If it does not specifically list the Free Specialty Dining, then I would contact or Princess or your travel agent and request something in writing verifying the promotion.

We just got home from our cruise on Star Princess 2 days ago, and we had received a promotion with free speciality dining.

I had read on CC that Princess would pre-choose the time & location. But actually, The evening of embarkation we received a card informing us that we had complimentary dining for 2 in a specially restaurant of our choice. We just had to call the "dine line" to choose the location, date & time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums