Xcaret budget - food and drink pricing

HOSKI

Could someone who has been there recently give me some general pricing on food and drinks? Also, if someone is going soon could they note some pricing for me? Trying to budget for family of 3. Thanks

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

• 2 months later...

I'm interested too in knowing more about the prices for food as well as what food is available. I know that there's a restaurant because Xcaret has the lunch and dinner packages but are there other options? Any fast food or food vendors in the park? Any other restaurants?

Thanks for letting me piggyback on this thread!

I too am interested in food/drink prices. A friend of mine was there in June and said there were several places to eat, but she didn't because they were staying in an all inclusive resort right next to Xcaret. She did say that she heard the buffet in one of the dining areas was $20 per person. Hopefully someone else will have some more concrete info!

We will be on the Holiday and in PDC July 28th. I would sure like to see an answer to your post soon as well. If there isn't one, I will try to give you the food/drink prices when we return.

Looks like Xcaret is the best option for this port, wish the cost was less but oh well sounds like it's worth it. :)

Hoski, there's light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks Wooie! That would be great if you could give us some info when you get back! And thanks Navy Wife for letting us know that there are several food places at Xcaret; I was beginning to wonder if they sold any food outside of the buffet restaurant!

Have a great vacation, Wooie! Xcaret is expensive but from what I've read on these boards, it's a once in a lifetime and well worth the expense! Have a great time!

Wooie,

I would also like to know this info. We are going in December with a group of 13. It would help us know how much to budget for this large group. Don't forget us when you get back! :D

Thanks,

Irene

I did buy the lunch package online with my tickets for hubby and self but they said my 4 yr old gets it for 1/2 the child price which would only be $5. I'm hoping that is true because it will be an expensive day. I know we will want to pick up something else to eat and hubby likes to drink on vacation so I want to have enough cash. I hate to think that we will be buying $3 water but I bet we will. They say you can not take anything in but I wonder if I could carry just one bottle of water in.

We bought the dinner package because you get the reserved seats for the night show. We didn't go with the lunch package because we thought it might be neat to try other food venues. That's why I'm hoping that we can get some info as to what is available and the prices!

I didn't realize that you couldn't take anything in! I'm certainly planning to take in a bottle of water for each of us! We're going in August so it will be very hot and we're planning on spending the whole day there, so if I have to pay $3 a bottle (especially with our Canadian dollars!), that will be one expensive day!

Hope everyone has a great trip there! Lynda

From another post I received the following info. I will still let you know when we get back the first week of Aug. We won't be able to stay for the evening dinner/show. Sounds like you can't take things in since the post suggests putting a bottle of water in the bottom of your bag...:)

"Pop was $2.00 and bottled was was $1.36 for small bottle, (maybe 16 oz) and $2.50 for large bottle (mabye 32 oz). We didn't buy any food, as we were staying at the Grand Xcaret by Occidental right next door, and just walked back for lunch in the afternoon. It is a very nice ecological park, very HOT in the summer months. I did see some people walking around with food, so you might want to bring your own bottled water in the bottom of your bag."

Thanks Wooie! That would be great if you could let us know more info when you're back!

Well, $1.36 isn't too bad for a 16oz bottle of water; better than $3 per bottle!

Thanks again Wooie and again, have a wonderful vacation! Lynda

We won't be there for the nightime show either so we got the lunch. I wish we would be there later as we are only going to Cozumel next day and have plenty of time. I have heard that Carnival sometimes make the announcement that we have extra time and we will be staying till 10 p.m. I hope so in which case we will return to the ship for dinner than go back for the show.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back, what a great trip! Xcaret was worth every penny. As for the food prices at Xcaret...

at the La Cocina restaurant - chicken enchiladas about 8.00 us

nachos about 7.00 us

beer about 4.00 us

chips and salsa were great (free)

There were soda/beer carts around the park and pop was 15 pesos. There was a buffet restaurant near the the beach but I couldn't find a price for it. Exchange rate was 11 pesos to the us dollar. Prices were all in pesos so I don't have exact prices for you. Sorry. We did take in our own water and were never questioned. They did take our suntan lotions at the main gate and we were given them back when we left. They gave us little sample suntain lotion to use instead.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks so much, it sounds ok. I have $30 budgeted for the three of us. DD is suppose to be free to get in (4 and under) and her lunch package is suppose to be $5 (we prepaid for DH and me) so that leaves us $25 for drinks and I'm sure we'll have them where we can take advantage of the free salsa and chips. I'm planning on taking one or two bottles of water and hope they get in.

Thanks for the info, Wooie! We're leaving on Saturday and can't wait! This time next week, we'll actually be at Xcaret and will be enjoying the free chips and salsa for sure! Those prices are pretty good though but thanks for letting us know what they are; it's nice to be prepared!

Hoski, have a great trip!

Thanks again, Wooie! Lynda

Archived