Another on board booking question....

I was planning to book a cruise for Oct. 2006 while I'm on the Serenade this September. Unfortunately, the cruise I was going to book started selling really well and before I knew it all the suites were gone and the balcony cabins were getting scarce. So I went ahead and booked a balcony cabin while there were still some that were not connecting (I'd rather have the love seat than a chair and a door).

So.....I'm still going to check cabin availability when I'm on the Serenade in two weeks and if there is something I like I can book that and cancel my original booking and therefore get the cabin credit (we're talking $200 here for a 12 day cruise!). BUT....if there are no balcony cabins left that I would want, is there ANY way I can get the onboard credit for my existing booking, or am I just out of luck? Believe me, I'd rather have the decent cabin location than the credit, but if I could have both......

Thanks for any answers!

Carol

I had a similar thing happen to me last October when I wanted to book a cruise for this November. Cabins were going fast so I decided to book before the cruise with the same plan you had and that was to cancel that booking and rebook with the shipboard credit. I was lucky I did. There were still cabins available when I cruise but the price went up $200 each by that time. As I understand the program you cannot get ship board credit on an existing booking.

Shak

Yes, that was also another factor that influenced me to book now. In addition to no suites, the price for balconies jumped $50 per person for all categories of balcony cabins. So we're already paying $100 more than when we first decided to book. Another increase like that and it would wipe out the future credit. So it's a delicate balance....book now, get the good price and cabin location you want or wait and take a chance on the price going up and no desirable cabins.....in the end, I'm glad we did book already.

• 4 months later...

EmilyGrace - another way that would be a bit less stressful to get ship board credits is to be a stockholder. Cruise companies that I have tried this with give ship board credits to holders of >100 shares. Here is the link to RCCL's ship board credit "investor relations" program: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit_2005.pdf Carnival has a similar program too. Good luck!

The thing to do on this cruise that you are going on is to book a cruise for the future. eg. book a week cruise in April 07 which you don't have any intention to sail on and when the new schedule comes out you can change that reservation and as long as they use the same reservation number you will get the on board credit.

Have a great cruise

Brian J

Archived