No more Carnival for us

rvmike

They make you pay for what you see and gave a 48 hr guarantee. When they change the price 49 hrs later you are stuck. Very deceptive practice. As I said they just lost 7 cruisers for $25 dollars. Still taking the cruise but no money will be spent by 7 guests. Will go back to Oceania and will try Princess out of L.A. Our booking gave us a $50 obc but the fare dropped $100, times 3 cabins.

Now that is pure BS. They quoted you the rules up front, no deception. The whining here is getting out of hand. :rolleyes:

Dolfin,

I understand the rules but not bending does not keep repat customers.

Not all cruises are done with a TA, are you new to this ?

Did you ever think that maybe Carnival does not want repeat customers who keep asking them to bend the rules? Luckily, according to you, it's now Oceania's problem. :D

They make you pay for what you see and gave a 48 hr guarantee. When they change the price 49 hrs later you are stuck. Very deceptive practice. As I said they just lost 7 cruisers for $25 dollars. Still taking the cruise but no money will be spent by 7 guests. Will go back to Oceania and will try Princess out of L.A. Our booking gave us a $50 obc but the fare dropped $100, times 3 cabins.

OK - this just cracks me up. Does the OP actually think that Carnival looks at every person who books and then exactly 49 hours later they drop the price. Or does he think that it is just him they were watching and waiting until the 49th hour?

Paranoid much? :D

From one of his previous posts on another topic...

To many I am entitled people now on these bigger boats.

Pot calling the kettle black? I screwed up not booking ES but I'm entitled to have the rules bent for me?

Also, he is maybe going to "try" Princess

will try Princess out of L.A.
yet on another previous post he states he has quit Princess since they allow e-cigs in the cabins.
Since e-cigs are allowed in staterooms we have stopped cruising Princess.

Um :confused:

Did call the TA and he tried, I tried. I still think it is wrong to drop the price 49 hrs after the fact. Not good business.

Even though it was 49 hours for you, I'm sure it was 12, 24, 36, etc for someone else. I don't think they raised the price at 49 hours just to spite you...unless you got the very last cabins in that category. Otherwise, I'm sure someone benefited for the price drop under the 48 hour prices guarantee.

Dolfin,

I understand the rules but not bending does not keep repat customers.

Not all cruises are done with a TA, are you new to this ?

You're the one that said you used a TA in your original post.

Sounds like this may be another answered prayer for many people!

On my last cruise I had 3 rooms seven people just as you but on the Fascination. I booked through a CCL PVP and got a little frustrated because sales they kept having had rules that were preventing me from getting OBC. In the end we ended up with some nice OBC. I booked under the Early Saver.

Just as so many others have stated:

Rules are rules,

After 25 cruises, seems you would have learned,

CCL hasn't singled you out.

CCL will always have the cheapest cruise rates so I'm sure you will be back. If you are spending this much time and all this frustration over $25, you won't spend a little more to cruise a different line.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your vacation.

From one of his previous posts on another topic...

Pot calling the kettle black? I screwed up not booking ES but I'm entitled to have the rules bent for me?

Also, he is maybe going to "try" Princess yet on another previous post he states he has quit Princess since they allow e-cigs in the cabins.

Um :confused:

I too read people's old posts, they sure help fill in the gaps in stories. In this case, they are complaining about $25 and leaving Carnival over a 3 day cruise. Those other cruises on Celebrity Silhouette, Paul Gaugin, Oceana etc are far more expensive than fussing about $25.

After booking 3 cabins for 7 people on the Imagination the price drops. Carnival tells me that since we paid in full nothing can be done (booked with a TA). The diff is only $100 and tried to bargain it down to $25 but no go. I gave our booking numbers for 2 other cruises and still nada. Carnival just lost the 2 other bookings. They did not care. I understand I paid for the original booking but not budging a little is not a way to keep 7 guests from going to another line. Flame on

I'm not going to flame you. I agree that Carnival's booking strategies are broken and cause a lot of bad sentiment among its customers.

If you can live with a "guarantee" booking, your best bet under Carnival's current rules is to book one of their last minute deals for a guarantee cabin. Their best prices tend to come close to sail date. It just doesn't pay to book in advance IMO. You will almost always get a better deal if you wait until you're about ready to cruise. Even early saver isn't worth it IMO since most of Carnival's sales these days are for guarantees that Carnival won't price match to under early saver.

Edited by winddawn

I had this issue once booking with a Travel Agent, but instead of swearing off the company I decided to always book from the actual cruise line going forward. That has been the best decision because they match their own prices and have much more flexibility with room upgrades etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After booking 3 cabins for 7 people on the Imagination the price drops. Carnival tells me that since we paid in full nothing can be done (booked with a TA). The diff is only $100 and tried to bargain it down to $25 but no go. I gave our booking numbers for 2 other cruises and still nada. Carnival just lost the 2 other bookings. They did not care. I understand I paid for the original booking but not budging a little is not a way to keep 7 guests from going to another line. Flame on

Sheesh!

Well, I don't know what your big fuss is - I learned the first time out of the gate, booked early, had price guarantee, paid in full then price went down ... I got nothing - just the way it is and my timing. I still had a great cruise and really $25 spread out over 7 people - so, for $3.57 each you are not going to take any more cruises on Carnival ... wow

Since you booked with a travel agent, why don't you let your agent handle the issue for you?

You are fortunate that someone at Carnival even spoke with you since you did use a TA. As for paying in full, when is the cruise? Are you past final payment? What rate did your agent book for you? There are a lot of factors to consider before you get upset with Carnival.

My thoughts...EXACTLY! :cool: