A question about phones in San Francisco

uktog

OK we are from the UK so pleae pardonour ignorance on this one I have made arrangements re transport for our trip to our hotel and Fishermans Wharf and we have been advised we have to call on a toll free number from the airport. Do we need any coins to do this (silly question maybe) or do I just pick up the receiver and dial 1-888-etc. I have a Uk mobile with me - presume I will not be able to dial 1-888 on it?

The same arrangement is to apply on the way back - are there phones at the cruise terminal where we disembark?

Thanks - I do find this foreign travel a challenge at times - but it will be worth it I am sure!

Any # in the US starting with 888, 800, 866 is toll-free. You can use that from any phone without putting in coins. If you are planning on using the phone in your hotel, i am not sure if they charge to get an outside line or not. But from any payphone or otherwise, its free..

Any # in the US starting with 888, 800, 866 is toll-free. You can use that from any phone without putting in coins. If you are planning on using the phone in your hotel, i am not sure if they charge to get an outside line or not. But from any payphone or otherwise, its free..

Thanks lot - we would only be ringing from the airport.

Can anyone help re phones at Pier 35??? Where are they???

Archived