MSC Preziosa YC2 or YC3 cabin

Iluvcruising2

My family (2 adults and 2 kids) are now very keen to try MSC.

We are eyeing a 7N cruise on the MSC Preziosa out of Genoa in late 2015.

We are deliberately between a YC2 (family suite) and YC3 (Royal suite) category room. YC3 costs a bit more.

What are your views on the YC2 versus YC3 cabin? I understand YC2 on the MSC Preziosa is located on Deck 12, away from the main Yacht club area. But the room looks bigger, but then again it has no balcony.

Suggestions?

IMO

YC3 with 2 Children, or YC1?

They have some suites in the YC1 for families with small children (but only 4 per floor i think so), which are greater. With my sister and godchild we choose the room 16033.

The YC2 is to far away with children and for me it is not the same ;)

On the prezisiosa it is the room number:

16033, 16035 16032 16034

15031 15029 15030 15028

This rooms have sofa bed, but it works only with small children IMO.

We sailed in YC2 and then moved to a YC3 on Divina during our recent back to back. We were with our 16 year old. The YC2 is Much bigger. Tons more storage space, lots of room to leave the couch out (our daughter was seasick, and some sea days she did not spend much time out and about). In the YC3, we were hard pressed to find a spot in the living room where she could keep her suitcase out for dirty laundry where it wouldn't be tripped over or block the balcony doors or minibar. The double sink in the bathroom and separate tub and shower were also much nicer.

If you have 2 teens, I would go for the YC2 even if it is less convenient to get to the Top Sail Lounge and pool. If you have littles, both would probably be fine.

We sailed in YC2 and then moved to a YC3 on Divina during our recent back to back. We were with our 16 year old. The YC2 is Much bigger. Tons more storage space, lots of room to leave the couch out (our daughter was seasick, and some sea days she did not spend much time out and about). In the YC3, we were hard pressed to find a spot in the living room where she could keep her suitcase out for dirty laundry where it wouldn't be tripped over or block the balcony doors or minibar. The double sink in the bathroom and separate tub and shower were also much nicer.

If you have 2 teens, I would go for the YC2 even if it is less convenient to get to the Top Sail Lounge and pool. If you have littles, both would probably be fine.

We had the yc2 & were in heaven. When we returned, I booked a yc3 for this March thinking it was going to be the same, just adding the balcony.

After watching youtubes videos, I can see not only is the cabin much smaller but the balcony is VERY narrow &does not look like it is very comfortable.

I also think you are missing the closet when you first enter the cabin.

The other closet looks smalled in the yc3. The bathroom appears half the size.

The dressing table area appears to be in the bedroom in the yc3 whereas in the yc2, it had its own area.

The yc 2's were gone but the next time I book, I am going back to the yc2.

If the Preziosa is like the Divina, there are only 3 YC2 cabins.

We had the one on the left...it is the best one. The middle yc2 is smaller and connects to the right yc2. The right yc2 is the same square footage as the one on the left but I understand you are one chair less because of the connecting door.