Michael's Club for suite guests-we were just on the Eclipse in December and enjoyed t

Hawkeye hfx

How do you know if people are pretentious if you've never met or spoken to them?

Thanks for pointing out my trying to speak to them part of my earlier post needs2bespoiled!

The whole part of my post about pretentious people was actually an attempt at humor mixed with a dash of truth! :p

I did not mean to insult anyone. We were in MC a few months after it was closed off. I forgot that we actually went to MC one other time on our cruise when the DW wanted some drink that was not on the CBP.

Some of the comments we "overheard" actually my DW did she is a teacher and has great ears, as a old Army guy I can barely hear. I am paraphrasing:

"I am so glad we have somewhere to go that all the other people are not allowed in"

"I wonder if the PH people are in here?" [ we were in one of the PH's maybe they thought we were celebrities]

"My name is Dr so and so" 2 mins later "I am a Dr in Miami" 2 mins later "That is wonderful, since I am a Dr my inbox/voice mail/kitty litter will be full when I arrive home"

Just not my cup of tea, it may of changed since or maybe it was just a bad bunch. Sorry if I offended anyone.

So let me get this straight, there was an actual Dr from Miami on your cruise?! Golly, I should be so lucky to have one on my cruise! :roll eyes: Probably that dentist from the movie Hangover.

I'll save my comments for my observations for after my experience.

I think the people mingling part is likely the best part of Michaels...my early concern is that the offerings are somewhat skimpy and potentially disappointing.

As for the poster who said the lounge serves Perrier Jouet Fluer or Flower Bottle, which is Belle Epoque, I doubt it....and think it was Perrier Jouet Brut, which is like Moet NV (OK, medium)...and have a sense that was atypical, but we'll see. Others have said the house champagne is Chandon (CA).

People have said the wines are less good than even available in the Premium Bev package...if so, that's disappointing. Others have said the canapes are nothing special...while I think Oestra caviar once a week would be nice, and was on a Celebrity Cruise where that was served in the MDR, I don't expect it...but I do expect smashing good food everywhere, including the hors d'oeuvres in Michaels Club. It's not like these people don't have access to great chefs and know how to design killer menus/meals.

I guess it depends on what Celebrity is trying to be. When I fly Cathay or Lufthansa...I get great lounges and great food and drinks...it is a wow experience for 6-14+ hours or so...not sure why Celebrity wouldn't go the small extra mile to deliver that core wow to 20-24+/- top cabins or so?

But maybe I'm totally in the minority and most ppl don't care about this extra quality and just love the product that Celebrity is delivering. Their very high occupancy tends to confirm this...and if you want a higher level, go to Silversea or just pay for Dom Perignon on board (just an example, not a huge fan per se) on your own...and maybe it's that simple.

Anyway...this is my attempt at making a large cruise experience more of an intimate and special experience: I have little interest queuing up for things amongst 1000, 2000+ people. I hope this RS experience exceeds expectations.

On a basic level, sun, great food, good wine, new and interesting people, shared with someone you care about, as part of a new, non-scripted adventure, is what it's about.

Edited by soxfan2013

As for the poster who said the lounge serves Perrier Jouet Fluer or Flower Bottle, which is Belle Epoque, I doubt it....and think it was Perrier Jouet Brut, which is like Moet NV (OK, medium)...and have a sense that was atypical, but we'll see. Others have said the house champagne is Chandon (CA).

I assure you that I know what the bottle looks like. However, I said served on our cruise and not will always be available.

The Californian Chandon is NOT champagne and should be called "sparkling wine".

Edited by Project_gal

I'll save my comments for my observations for after my experience.

I think the people mingling part is likely the best part of Michaels...my early concern is that the offerings are somewhat skimpy and potentially disappointing.

People have said the wines are less good than even available in the Premium Bev package...if so, that's disappointing. Others have said the canapes are nothing special...while I think Oestra caviar once a week would be nice, and was on a Celebrity Cruise where that was served in the MDR, I don't expect it...but I do expect smashing good food everywhere, including the hors d'oeuvres in Michaels Club. It's not like these people don't have access to great chefs and know how to design killer menus/meals.

I guess it depends on what Celebrity is trying to be. When I fly Cathay or Lufthansa...I get great lounges and great food and drinks...it is a wow experience for 6-14+ hours or so...not sure why Celebrity wouldn't go the small extra mile to deliver that core wow to 20-24+/- top cabins or so?

But maybe I'm totally in the minority and most ppl don't care about this extra quality and just love the product that Celebrity is delivering. Their very high occupancy tends to confirm this...and if you want a higher level, go to Silversea or just pay for Dom Perignon on board (just an example, not a huge fan per se) on your own...and maybe it's that simple.

Anyway...this is my attempt at making a large cruise experience more of an intimate and special experience: I have little interest queuing up for things amongst 1000, 2000+ people. I hope this RS experience exceeds expectations.

On a basic level, sun, great food, good wine, new and interesting people, shared with someone you care about, as part of a new, non-scripted adventure, is what it's about.

First, Michael's is good for what it is. You will find it will help with priority lines and excellent service. You will not find Michelin starred food anywhere onboard. It seems as of April the level of food both in Luminae and and room service menu, and hopefully in Michael's club will improve. Currently it is ok, but nothing really special. As you know they're cooking for thousands. The new restaurants will do a lot to change this. Only time will tell.

My last comment would be that if you haven't cruises on Celebrity before, to go in without expectation of what they'll be and simply enjoy yourself. If you want or need something within reason, ask for it and they'll likely make it happen. If you're not happy, tell them as they are excellent at recovery. Finally, your vacation is in your fate, if you want a specific wine, champagne, or spirit, or even a soda by the pool, or bottled water at dinner just buy it. Is it worth a few hundred to spoil your vacation because it wasn't provided "free" where you are?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We met some amazing ppl in MC in Dec. Down to earth and from all walks of life. The PH couple we met were so laid back, you'd never have known they were gazillionaires...lol. I guess we were extremely fortunate. We met a few Zenith guests as well in MC who could have been staying in an inside cabin or the PH for all I know.

Everyone was very inclusive.. as a new couple walked in, the seating arrangements were amended so that they could join us if they wanted to. Loved it.

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Forums mobile app

Sue, yes, you did say you that that was special...but if they can do it once, maybe they can do it again...s what it was...surprisingly, the pre-order list only shows Chandon, PJ Brut and DP, although we all know they have a more champagnes and sparkling wines on board.

Jenna, I agree with what you have said and this will be my attitude. I did cruise w Celebrity approx 18 years ago...had fun...I think we even were served caviar and baked Alaska in the MDR, but wasn't impressed by the overall food quality. now, I think there's more variety and I am expecting the specialty restaurants to be very good. Guess we'll see...and I'll bring some good wine and we can order wines to supplement, as that's part of a good dinner for me; and I'm OK w Macallan 12...not that a little more age wouldn't be preferable.

Looking forward to our trip. Thanks for everyone's tips.

Sue, yes, you did say you that that was special...but if they can do it once, maybe they can do it again...s what it was...surprisingly, the pre-order list only shows Chandon, PJ Brut and DP, although we all know they have a more champagnes and sparkling wines on board.

The wines available for pre-order are all extremely limited - not just the sparkling wines. This is for obvious reasons - they have to be the wines that they know for certain will be on board and, therefore, only the most popular.

One question:

Do they have an addendum in the daily for MC things? One post mentioned a scotch tasting thing. I will be all over that if it happens!

Sorry for the belated response but on Infinity in December we had a Johnny Walker Explorers range tasting that concluded with JW blue label. Don't miss it.

The pours were quite generous (from quarter bottles) but at the conclusion when they screwed the tops back-on and took away bottles that had maybe a few sips left in them that seemed a bit penny pinching.

I did not mean to insult anyone. We were in MC a few months after it was closed off. I forgot that we actually went to MC one other time on our cruise when the DW wanted some drink that was not on the CBP.

Some of the comments we "overheard" actually my DW did she is a teacher and has great ears, as a old Army guy I can barely hear. I am paraphrasing:

"I am so glad we have somewhere to go that all the other people are not allowed in"

"I wonder if the PH people are in here?" [ we were in one of the PH's maybe they thought we were celebrities]

"My name is Dr so and so" 2 mins later "I am a Dr in Miami" 2 mins later "That is wonderful, since I am a Dr my inbox/voice mail/kitty litter will be full when I arrive home"

Just not my cup of tea, it may of changed since or maybe it was just a bad bunch. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Granted some are a a few snobs and want to be's that like to let everyone know their status in the education tier or elsewhere. On one roll call that I have been following there are already some publishing the letters before or after their name. Doesn't hold any water or weight with me. I can hang with the dregs or the snobs and depending how many drinks I had. I start at the bottom and work my way up as I consume more so I can bear to stomach them. :D 🍸

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Granted some are a a few snobs and want to be's that like to let everyone know their status in the education tier or elsewhere. On one roll call that I have been following there are already some publishing the letters before or after their name. Doesn't hold any water or weight with me. I can hang with the dregs or the snobs and depending how many drinks I had. I start at the bottom and work my way up as I consume more so I can bear to stomach them. :D 🍸

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Well said!

• 1 year later...

Hello Jenna-

I am so sorry to be so intrusive- but do your trips pertain to business or pleasure? Your reviews have an air of professionalism to them, so I thought you may be a travel writer (and you truly capture the culture of the places you visit). Thank you for sharing:)

Hello Jenna-

I am so sorry to be so intrusive- but do your trips pertain to business or pleasure? Your reviews have an air of professionalism to them, so I thought you may be a travel writer (and you truly capture the culture of the places you visit). Thank you for sharing:)

I appreciate the kind words!

I do a lot of travel for business, and try to tack on pleasure and travel for pleasure cloe to 60 days a year. I own a B&B though don't have much to do with its direct operation, so I am pretty connected to the hospitality industry, and know what I like and how I think certain things should be done. The amount I travel for work allows me the priviledge to travel by air and in hotels at a very nice level of luxury :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 2 weeks later...
How wonderful- I look forward to your future reviews!

Fair winds and following seas always-

Best regards,

Sharon

Rome to Istanbul to Abu Dhabi in November :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled