Carnival glory damaged?

ELVISKL

Right, I was looking for a video that's current. The video posted here is old...

That video is several years old. I had friends who were on the RCCL when it happened. Both ships were damaged but not to the point that they were incapacitated. They went in for repairs after the end of their cruise. I had a first hand account of the accident.

That video is several years old. I had friends who were on the RCCL when it happened. Both ships were damaged but not to the point that they were incapacitated. They went in for repairs after the end of their cruise. I had a first hand account of the accident.

Exactly! Plus if something happened to the Glory and there was visible damage to the ship today you know people from CC who were getting on or off the ship would be all over CC reporting it. No reports makes me think there's nothing there. I was watching as well and I saw nothing. I mean I wasn't paying attention the entire time, but I didn't see anything.

i don't understand all the confusion in this thread:confused:

-someone states that they believe the glory looked damaged in port cam

-someone states it must not be damage on the glory because if it was damaged it would not sail

-someone states that the legend previously struck an RCI ship in cozumel and both had extreme damage and both sailed after incident

-someone states they saw pictures of that incident on cruise critic previously but can't find them now. also say the damage was not extreme

-someone states that there is you tube video and if you had to pay for the damages you might think it was extreme

-couple people talk about the video of the legend hitting the RCI ship

-someone asked what words you used to find the video because they couldn't find it

-someone replies google is your friend type in CARNIVAL LEGEND crashes into ship in cozumel(so it is obvious everyone is still talking about the previous crash on the LEGEND and how it still sailed even after damage)

-same person who stated there was video of the LEGEND post the actual video's so people on the thread could watch it without looking for it. especially since someone asked how to find the video.

-people complain that the video is 5 yrs old and not current. but it is the video about the legend and same damage that people were talking about.

-same person who asked how to find the video of the legend and RCI crash that people were talking about then complains about the video being old and having nothing to do with the Glory. even though the thread talked about possible damage to the glory and if there was damage it would not sail. people stating that the legend sailed with damage after hitting the RCI boat. and that is how the conversation started talking about the legend.

I have a good friend who was on the January 10th sailing. She just got off on Saturday, so she hasn't returned to Ohio to give me more details.

What I do know is that she has been on 7 cruises, 4 with Carnival, and she wrote me and said she would never go on Carnival again.

She also posted that they didn't arrive in San Juan until later in the day, and skipped Grand Turk entirely.

We were on the Glory on June and had a good time, although it was unusual that we never saw our room steward the entire trip.

im looking at the port of Miami webcam and I swear I see damage at the front of the ship starboard

I tried to follow this, but got lost. If this helps, we just got off the Glory yesterday Jan 17th, 2014 and there were no incidents that would cause damage, we didn't collide with anyone, and the 2 weeks we were on her were really fun. They were doing some work to the floor however, it seemed like they were redoing some of the floor tiles, not sure what that is all about. :D

Right after we docked in Miami about 715 am or so, there was a code bright star, I believe at the aft, when we went up to the lido to eat, the aft was closed off and there were Miami Dade Police on board. Not sure what that was about but Code Bright Star is a death or medical emergency, so I pray everyone is ok.

Grandeur of the Seas sailed for at least six months with a HUGE dent in the side. Actually, it was a gash big enough to be able to see into the ship. They covered the gash with duct tape, painted it white and sailed until they were able to make repairs during a dry dock. They would lower a lifeboat at each port to cover the dent from view. True story. Except the part about the duct tape.

Edited by EZ4

I tried to follow this, but got lost. If this helps, we just got off the Glory yesterday Jan 17th, 2014 and there were no incidents that would cause damage, we didn't collide with anyone, and the 2 weeks we were on her were really fun. They were doing some work to the floor however, it seemed like they were redoing some of the floor tiles, not sure what that is all about. :D

Right after we docked in Miami about 715 am or so, there was a code bright star, I believe at the aft, when we went up to the lido to eat, the aft was closed off and there were Miami Dade Police on board. Not sure what that was about but Code Bright Star is a death or medical emergency, so I pray everyone is ok.

Was there a reason why the ship was late into San Juan and missed Grand Turk?

Oops, I mean itinerary

Edited by Scottohiocpa
spelling

Was there a reason why the ship was late into San Juan and missed Grand Turk?

Oops, I mean itinerary

We were not late to San Juan and didn't miss Grand Turk. But I heard people talking about the Sunshine missing a port, maybe that was them?

On our first sea day back we diverted again to San Juan to drop off someone with a medical emergency, I heard it was a 2 year old with a broken arm, it didn't affect us in anyway. A coast guard cutter came out to meet the ship to make the transfer.

Our first week starting the 3rd, we had to divert for about an hour in the middle of the night for a search a rescue after some flares were spotted. The said the coast guard released us from the search after 45 minutes. We were late getting to Grand Cayman that day, but we stayed in port an extra hour to make up for it.

Thanks for the update. I thought my friend was on the Glory, but maybe it was the sunshine.

Just off Glory yesterday, no damage that we could tell or at least heard about. We did not miss a port on Glory but we did meet a couple in Puerto Rico who were on Carnival Sunshine and said they missed Grand Turk because of a medical emergency on ship and the ship having to turn around. I would be disappointed about missing an island but I wouldn't let it ruin my trip or never sail with Carnival again because of it. There's no control over something such as the medical emergency, have to have some understanding or compassion in a situation like that. :)