Explorer of the seas - refurbishment

We're due to sail on April 24th - I was wondering what the refurbishment entailed, does anyone know? Ta muchly :)

No official list made public by Royal.

Probably some new staterooms, new specialty restaurants, Diamond Lounge, maybe a flowrider, pervasive wireless.

Edited by clarea

Explorer will gain the Chef's Table experience, Park Cafe and Giovanni's Table (Italian), as well as a Concierge Lounge for suite passengers and top-tier Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge (for Diamond members) and the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. On the technology side, the ship will get digital signage, flat-screen TVs in cabins, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and a poolside Jumbotron.

Source:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=521

Sent from my LG G2.

Explorer will gain the Chef's Table experience, Park Cafe and Giovanni's Table (Italian), as well as a Concierge Lounge for suite passengers and top-tier Crown & Anchor members, a Diamond Lounge (for Diamond members) and the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. On the technology side, the ship will get digital signage, flat-screen TVs in cabins, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and a poolside Jumbotron.

Source:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=521

Sent from my LG G2.

I would be very surprised if Explorer gets a Chef's Table and a Park Cafe. None of the other Voyager Class ships have them. I think they were on the list for Navigator last January, but she didn't get either. A Park Cafe would be a wonderful addition. Explorer already has a Concierge Lounge. Maybe it will be relocated???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We're due to sail on April 24th - I was wondering what the refurbishment entailed, does anyone know? Ta muchly :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're on this date too and was looking for the same. Trying to find more about our cabin and whether they will be updating them too?

we are cruising on explorer out of southampton in august in a family suite and really hope they refurbish the suites as part of the programme.

Nobody has any info about it, but surely after 15 years at sea, the cabins are going to get a proper overhaul?

What are the indications from previous refurbs? Do the cabins get new bathrooms or soft furnishings?

Thanks!

we are cruising on explorer out of southampton in august in a family suite and really hope they refurbish the suites as part of the programme.

Nobody has any info about it, but surely after 15 years at sea, the cabins are going to get a proper overhaul?

What are the indications from previous refurbs? Do the cabins get new bathrooms or soft furnishings?

Thanks!

The will replace furniture as needed. Draperies are usually replaced. All staterooms get flat screen TVs. Bathrooms sinks are upgraded.

Thanks!

Us too! Really hoping it all looks sparkly :)

Thanks!

In Voyagers refit last year she got new carpets, new curtains & sofas were re-upholstered.

• 4 weeks later...