Explorer of the seas - refurbishment

I'm on the explorer now - it all looks very smart... However, it feels like we are on a snagging cruise :( lots of things just aren't quite right -

We were on the Oasis TA after dry dock and lots of things weren't quite right. They were doing major work on her then. We all got compensation when we got home, RCL called everyone on board and gave us a FCC.

We learned then to avoid After Dry Dock cruises.:D

Do you know if it has the new Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen added or is that only on Oasis Class and above? I just looked at the new deck plans and doesn't look like it. Not enough room on this ship maybe?

Thanks!!!! :)

Edited by CVU

We were on the Oasis TA after dry dock and lots of things weren't quite right. They were doing major work on her then. We all got compensation when we got home, RCL called everyone on board and gave us a FCC.

We learned then to avoid After Dry Dock cruises.:D

Do you know if it has the new Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen added or is that only on Oasis Class and above?

Thanks!!!! :)

No suites lounge or CK on Explorer. So far, the suites lounge is only on Oasis class. I believe CK is on Oasis and Quantum class.

Edited by clarea

I have read in an earlier post there is to be a Michael Kors store on board

Please can someone confirm if this is true... I will have one very happy teenage daughter if there is

Kind regards

Meg

I have read in an earlier post there is to be a Michael Kors store on board

Please can someone confirm if this is true... I will have one very happy teenage daughter if there is

Kind regards

Meg

We were on the last 9 night sailing prior to dry-dock and got chatting to staff in one of the shops. Just casual conversation about whether they were staying with the ship.

We were informed that they were staying and the promenade was getting a major refit with new shops (at the expense of the Weekend Warrior sports bar).

Michael Kors was specifically mentioned, but of course, during dry-dock things could have changed.

Someone onboard right now will know. We'll find out for ourselves on Monday.

Edited by icsys

We were on the last 9 night sailing prior to dry-dock and got chatting to staff in one of the shops. Just casual conversation about whether they were staying with the ship.

We were informed that they were staying and the promenade was getting a major refit with new shops (at the expense of the Weekend Warrior sports bar).

Michael Kors was specifically mentioned, but of course, during dry-dock things could have changed.

Someone onboard right now will know. We'll find out for ourselves on Monday.

Thanks for your reply...... Hope you have a fantastic time..... We sail on July 12th and I'm so excited already.

Kind regards

Meg 😎

On board at the moment on our way to Vigo. No Michael Kours but the sports bar has gone. There is now a distinct lack of seating in any of the bars on the ship. We are on late seating for dinner and it is impossible to find a seat for a drink after dinner. Apparently they have added 100 new staterooms, so an extra 200 people on board but have removed the nightclub, sports bar and made other bar areas smaller. I'm no mathematician but it doesn't add up to me.

On board at the moment on our way to Vigo. No Michael Kours but the sports bar has gone. There is now a distinct lack of seating in any of the bars on the ship. We are on late seating for dinner and it is impossible to find a seat for a drink after dinner. Apparently they have added 100 new staterooms, so an extra 200 people on board but have removed the nightclub, sports bar and made other bar areas smaller. I'm no mathematician but it doesn't add up to me.

That reminds me of our sailing on Legend, the bars and lounges always felt crowded with many people having to stand as there was nowhere to sit due to a lack of seating.

Jaz33, hoping you're having a great cruise! My wife would love to know if they have added a Coach Store with the refurb as on other ships? Not sure why I'm asking, but then I don't have to tell her the reply.....do I?! [emoji13][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi QE2_Fan. Not seen a Coach Store so you are safe [emoji3]. There are the usual mix of stores and one with a few bags and fashion goods but not a named store as far as I can see.

I take it there is no Sorrento's onboard and pizza is from Cafe Promenande? There is still Starbucks onboard?

Correct about the pizza. No branded Starbuck's venue, but Cafe Promenade may serve coffee with Starbuck's beans.

I know this question is on the forum somewhere but I'll ask anyway. Will there be sushi on the explorer? I know there is a new sushi restaurant on board but is it free or is there a cover charge? Also will there be sushi in the windjammer?

I know this question is on the forum somewhere but I'll ask anyway. Will there be sushi on the explorer? I know there is a new sushi restaurant on board but is it free or is there a cover charge? Also will there be sushi in the windjammer?

IZUMI, up in the old VCL, Japanese cuisine, there is a cover charge.

Izumi is free - I have it on my planner and it says its free - you just have to reserve ;-)

Are you sure? I thought it was a la carte pricing, so free to reserve but you pay for what you order

I hope I am wrong

Izumi is free - I have it on my planner and it says its free - you just have to reserve ;-)

Isumi has no cover charge and is priced by the item. That's why it shows up as zero cost on the planner.

Isumi has no cover charge and is priced by the item. That's why it shows up as zero cost on the planner.

Correct, although it's deceiving how they show it...sure you don't okay anything upfront but they should make it clear its ala carte pricing payable onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk