Carnival cruiser to try out the NCL Getaway...

sid_9169

After having sailed twice now on Carnivals flagship, the Breeze, I thought it was time to expand my horizons... I looked into the Allure/Oasis, but as a solo traveler, it was just way too much $. NCL is running a promotion that includes the Ultimate Beverage Program with an oceanview or higher category, so jumped on a mid-ship balcony for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean leaving May 30th... I have only ever sailed Carnival, but I love variety, so I'm willing to give anything a try. Is the grass greener on the other side? I'll have to wait 132 more days to find out...

After having sailed twice now on Carnivals flagship, the Breeze, I thought it was time to expand my horizons... I looked into the Allure/Oasis, but as a solo traveler, it was just way too much $. NCL is running a promotion that includes the Ultimate Beverage Program with an oceanview or higher category, so jumped on a mid-ship balcony for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean leaving May 30th... I have only ever sailed Carnival, but I love variety, so I'm willing to give anything a try. Is the grass greener on the other side? I'll have to wait 132 more days to find out...

We bounce back and forth because we like both Carnival on NCL. When on NCL I miss the comedy club, the piano bar, Guys and Breakfast burritos. But on Carnival we miss the 24 hour restaurant and the production shows.

Since you enjoyed the Breeze - I'm confident that you will enjoy the Getaway.

The mega ships from all lines are particular kind of cruising - and not necessarily for everyone - each having it's own pros and cons, IMHO. 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want, you can attend meetings in the studio area at 5:30 nightly. Best to go starting from the first night to meet other solos before they start to group up.

Will they allow you to enter the solo lounge if you are not booked in the Studio cabins?

Will they allow you to enter the solo lounge if you are not booked in the Studio cabins?

I've seen this question a few times on the solo cruiser and NCL threads. Technically the lounge is supposed to be exclusive to those staying in the studio cabins with the exception of the hapy hour solo mixer in the later afternoon before dinner time. But people have said that they had solos with a studio cabin and crew let them in the door. My guess is that it may depend on the crew on duty at the time.

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app