St Thomas Skyride

Chrissy3427

In what might be a first in the cruise line industry, or my eyes are deceiving me, but as I understand it the St. Thomas Skyride if purchased on your own is $21 from what I am reading online; yet an unnamed major cruise line (whose message board I am posting this on ;) )is offering an excursion for this for $2 less?! Could this be possible? Cause if it is, I expect the earth to start spinning backwards and high heels to start feeling more comfortable!

Now that I write this I'm sure this unammed cruise line will change their pricing now that they've been exposed.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, how much time should I allow if I do choose to do the skyride; the excursion lists 4 hours, but that sounds a bit extreme as it's within walking distance to the pier.

Thanks all!

Less than 60 days away! My girlfriend and I are SO looking forward to this trip!

Edited by Chrissy3427

We did the skyride on our own. It is very close to the pier. I expect that the tour operator gets a group discount, so that might explain the lower price. The tour can't possibly take four hours, unless you ate lunch at the top (if memory serves me correctly, there were some refreshments available for purchase). My recollection is that our total time was about 1.5 hrs from the time we left the ship until our return.

Edited by lambchoplady

Actually it is $1 less if purchased onboard and i paid $19.99 at the shore excursions desk. If by chance you decide not to take the sky ride Ncl will refund you

FYI I recall seeing the price as $19 on the Ncl excursion booking site a few weeks before our cruise

FYI # 2.... The paradise point skylift has their price written on a taped up piece of paper that is obviously torn down and changed as dictated based on demand. The day we were there the price was $21. I doubt they will ever get more but $10 or $15 is certainly more realistic IMHO

We were the only ship in port that day and if there were 15 people up there it was a lot. Btw do try the banana daiquiri and not the orange one. Lol

FYI # 3. The wifi is excellent up there so bring the iPads. My college girls were able to secure several babysitting gigs while up there

FYI # 4. The store next to the restaurant has better larimar jewelry pieces than the upper level store

The price negotiations are laughable as the woman in the upper level store upstairs was like $39 but I will sell it to you for $30. Lol. The earrings i bought from her broke the first time I wore them and she assured me the wiring was secure. I didn't believe her lol but I didn't pay much anyway maybe $10 I think and I'm not sweating it. No reason to damper a great cruise

If you like that stone and I think it is beautiful just look for stones set in sterling and not wire. Every island sells its btw however I do not recall seeing it in Barbados

I brought home several pieces in the $20 range.

The paradise point sky ride is a bit pricey but glad we did it. We snorkled in st Thomas and then changed and ate back at the ship and then we did the sky ride. They take a pix of you with a nice background for $10 which we bought. I wonder if he would have taken $5? He tracked us down while we were drinking our daiquiris. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships