Balcony assignment question on the Miracle.

Last Salmon Man

We recently upgraded from a 4k french door room to a guaranteed balcony. From what I've read, they will assign us a room a few weeks before we sail, and cabin assignments and locations are luck of the draw. We are fine with this arrangement, and at the upgrade price we were given, we will have no complaints with our cabin. As I tell my kids, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

I was telling my sister about our cruise and she got all excited and decided to join us. My family of four in one cabin, she will be solo. We really want our cabins to be close together, so I called carnival and asked how much it would be to reserve balcony of our choice... $354!!! We don't want to shell out that kind of cash. My sister has the money, says she doesn't want to risk an obstructed, so she will be reserving balcony of her choice.

So, my question, if she reserves, and we stay random assignment, Is it possible to request that our cabin be somewhat close to hers? I have heard that carnival can link two or more gty bookings to keep families close, just not sure if they can do this with our arrangement??

thanks in advance folks!

Okay... just got off the phone with Carnival. She said that there is no option for us to request that our cabins be somewhat close together. She also said they cannot link two gty rooms, so cabin assignment will be near each other. The only thing they can do, is put us on the same dining room table.

If anyone out there has had a different experience, please share. We would love to be near each other, but as I stated above, $354 is a little steep for that convenience.

update.... just spoke with our pvp that booked the cruise for us. He said that he can link the rooms as suggested, and he has been successful doing so. He mentioned the earlier the booking, the better the success rate. We are going to stick with our gty and roll the dice. Sister will get her reserved balcony.

Anyone else have experience where you get two totally different answers from different pvp's?

The bookings are linked for dining purposes. This may or may not help get your staterooms close together. I have been reading this board daily for the last 4 plus years and have seen just about every scenario you can imagine. I have read of some folks being surprised to have the stateroom next to their family all the way to the rants of someone that didn't understand what a guarantee meant and was having a fit that her stateroom wasn't even on the same deck as her travel friends. Include in those scenarios everything in between. Best of luck and remember being close isn't always such a great thing.