Royal carribean question

debbo14

I cruised on the Enchantment of the sea last Feb 2014. I plan on taking the same cruise again in Nov 2015 and I have two questions.

1) how often is CocoCay cancelled due to bad weather?

2) do they ever switch up the menus in the dinning room? Will I most likely have the same menu from last cruise?

It's a crap shoot on missing it. I gave been there a bunch of times and only missed it once. Some will say allot and some will say hardly ever. It's all weather related misses and wave heights......so it's hard to give a good percentage.

I don't think they change the menus allot, so you may see the same or very similar menu unfortunately.

Can't say an average but Coco Cay was cancelled once in December and once so far in January. Hope February has no cancellations.

MDR will be Mojo, Saffron and Pombordo on a 3 night Enchantment Cruise

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

I have missed it twice in 4 trips, and others I talk to have missed it about half the time they travelled as well, so hard to say.

I missed it most recently in November of this year actually...very disapointing as I had brought with me a first time cruiser who didnt get to experience it.

Menus seemed pretty similar to me each time I have been on, but I can't be sure as I dont eat in the MDR often at all.

See all the cruises listed below...a majority of them stopped either at CocoCay or Labadee... missed the private island once... :D So, you see, it is just a hit or miss thing. I travel year round (except in the mid-summer) and I've been lucky. Mother nature is a fickle lady!

Dining room menus tend to stay the same across the line until the line announces a major change. So, unless you see something on the Royal web site (or maybe hear it here first) just expect the same menus. Did you know that if you don't find something to your liking on the adult menu you may find something on the kids menu to suit you? Also, did you know that you can ask for an entry size portion of a starter. My husband loved the scallops risotto and always had a dinner size for dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!

Did you know that if you don't find something to your liking on the adult menu you may find something on the kids menu to suit you? Also, did you know that you can ask for an entry size portion of a starter. My husband loved the scallops risotto and always had a dinner size for dinner.

This is something you should post in the "Secrets RCI doesn't tell you" thread :D

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app