Gluten free

Crash19

This is our first Ncl cruise and I have to eat gluten free it's a medical thing. Has anyone had the gluten free food on NCL? Is there a big variety?? I know on RC and Carnival they were very accommodating, I am just curios on how NCL is.

Thanks!

This is our first Ncl cruise and I have to eat gluten free it's a medical thing. Has anyone had the gluten free food on NCL? Is there a big variety?? I know on RC and Carnival they were very accommodating, I am just curios on how NCL is.

Thanks!

If you contact NCL ahead of time (they require a months notice at least) , they will be very accomodating!

Check out this link for more information:

http://www.ncl.com/faq#dietary-needs

First thing, contact the access desk (http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising) as soon as possible before your cruise. They'll make arrangements to be sure there's enough gluten free materials onboard your cruise.

My dad is celiac and we had no problems what so ever. In fact, we found it less risky than dealing with the restaurants on land. In the MDR, the maitre d' would come over and take my dad's order for the next night (this speeds up the process as the gluten free food is cooked separately for obvious reasons. So they would be cooking his food while we were ordering. In other restaurants sometimes a chef would come out and take his order directly. Even in the buffet we could find someone to walk through and show my dad what he could have. The only thing I would caution there is other cruisers don't realize the issues and sometimes cross contaminate things. My dad isn't extremely sensitive, so minor contamination isn't an issue for him, but we do try to avoid it as much as possible.

[url=http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising][/url]

crash,

You do have to request the diet at least 30 days before cruise. we just got back from the jewel and my friend is severe celiac and dairy free. we were very pleased with the service. They had her order the day before each meal, then they set all gluten free food aside to be cooked seperately. she had a special waiter who had her order all ready to be cooked and offered any suggestions if she wasn't sure. he was very knowledgeable. another great thing is they can send your ordered food to another restaurant if other people don't want to go to the same one. One night they sent her meal up to OSheehans b/c I wanted to eat there. She had no trouble at all which is often more than can be said of onland places. They said they are seeing a lot more special diets. so don't worry! Have a great time.