Azura TA 20.3.14

soobs

Hi

Can anyone help what weather could we expect after day 5 in the Caribbean?

Day 6 - 10 at sea to Ponta Delgada (25.3.14 - 29.3.15) then days 12 - 14 to Southampton (31.3.14 - 2.4.15)

Anyone done this that can share experience?

thanks

12-14 At Sea - 3 days

12-14 At Sea - 3 days

You can never tell. Two years ago we had cloudy weather in Ponta Delgada and then some rough weather the day before we reached Southampton and then on arrival on, I think it was 4th April, in Southampton it was snowing! Last year we had cloudy weather again in Ponta Delgada but then it cleared and the day before reaching Southampton, again on 4th April, it was sunny and so warm that we needed sun tan lotion when we were sitting on the balcony!

We are on the 20 April 2015 cruise on Azura. We are going to have fantastic weather till the day before Southampton. We have booked a C deck starboard balcony so it has to be good weather.

See you on board Soobs.

thanks for the replies it's the day 6 - 10 at sea I am most interested in will I be able to sun bathe? how hot is it likely to be? e have done a TA to NY and got a bit bored on ship after a few days we are not really into quiz's ect

Hi Soobs,

My post should say 20 March not April. We have done the TA many times and generally the weather to the Atlantic Islands has been warm enough to sunbathe. Each day there is a slight cooling off and sometimes the wind is a problem so you need to find a shektered spot or a starboard balcony is ideal.

In 2013 we were sat on our balcony in swimwear the day before Southampton.

The route the ship is taking this year via Ponta Del Gada is more Northerly than the usual route via Madeira, or we have even been via Teneriffe in previous years.

thank you all lots to think about here, I am a bit of a sun worshipper will think about a TA long and hard and make a decision over the next couple of weeks. But one thing is sure I will be defiantly be back on board for a Barbados to Barbados cruise later in the year prices will decide if it is the Britannia or Azura

We did this in mid April. It was very sunny and hot on all the sea days crossing the Atlantic, cloudy in the Azores and then a couple of cooler cloudy days but sunny on the last day as we entered the English channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk