Koningsdam SUMMER 2016 Itineraries

InTheWASide

HAL blog states that Koningsdam's itineraries are open for booking early February.

I am pretty sure the Voyage of Vikings will be offered by Zuiderdam in late August or early September 2016, since she seems to replace Eurodam, and is listed in Bergen and Icelandic ports in August 2016... than she shall sail Canada/New England...

VOV has been on Veendam recently, not Eurodam. It is a 35 day roundtrip from Boston in July/August.

It wasn't clear when Koningsdam's transatlantic in October would be open for booking.

And then after Boston we got to check out the ship in New York a few months before our cruise the following February. :)

We did Eurodam's 3 day introductory cruise roundtrip NYC to Nowhere. It was a lot of fun. Met Stein Kruse by accident while looking for our previous cabin steward and had a chance to chat. He wanted to know what we thought of the new ship. The cabin stewards (old and new) surprised us and brought us a number of inaugural gifts given to him by Mr Kruse since he did not want them.

We than received more inaugural gifts as they gave them out to mariners.

Edited by Jade13

I didn't know that was the complete itinerary.

I had hoped she might have stopped in Boston on her way to FLL.

Other HAL ships have done so when doing their first transatlantic.

Noordam obviously was in that vicinity as it was first a New York ship

Eurodam did as it comes across via Iceland and Greenland and has a temporary NYC stint each fall.

Nieuw Amsterdam did not. And given that ship's namesake I had reasonably expected that it would have.

So, given the history of the last 3 ships and the fact that sailing is being referred to as a transatlantic and not a transatlantic and east coast cruise - plus the reasonable assumption of specific itinerary I tend to agree with sppunk here

So, I shouldn't have hoped Koningsdam would stop here? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Dreams sometimes do come true. I can still hope and who know but plans can always change.

The way the world is these days, nothing is carved in stone and anyone who thinks they are sure what will be a year or two from now is not thinking as clearly as they might.

Just today another terrorist attack in Israel. Sigh...... Where and what next?

Edited by sail7seas

So, I shouldn't have hoped Koningsdam would stop here? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Dreams sometimes do come true. I can still hope and who know but plans can always change.

The way the world is these days, nothing is carved in stone and anyone who thinks they are sure what will be a year or two from now is not thinking as clearly as they might.

Just today another terrorist attack in Israel. Sigh...... Where and what next?

You clearly need to re-read my reply if you think I was telling you anything you should or should not do

Before someone of the crowd jumps down my throat, kindly do not twist my words to imply I hope for a terrorist attack anywhere on anyone or anything. Sad I need to write such a thing but that's the way it is.

No, I do not 'need to'. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Before someone of the crowd jumps down my throat, kindly do not twist my words to imply I hope for a terrorist attack anywhere on anyone or anything. Sad I need to write such a thing but that's the way it is.

No, I do not 'need to'. :)

Now I truly have no idea what you are talking about.

sppunk gave his opinion of the transatlantic itinerary. I referenced the last few ships and why I tended to agree with him.

Then you start in with this whole speech where sppunk and/or I are telling you that you shouldn't wish that would be the case (that was never the case) and about dreams coming true and people not thinking clearly (a light jab at sppunk and/or myself IMHO)

And now someone is twisting your words about hoping for a terrorist attack?!

No one has said anything of the sort and no one has twisted any of your words. Your reply was rather hypersensitive and accusatory toward me and/or sppunk. I simply replied to that.

Beyond that, what ARE you talking about? :confused: :confused:

Ok back on track.

Happily :)

Do you think she will do 7 day cruises from FLL. What do you think her port day will be and will she replace somebody?

I'm hoping for something more interesting since Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam already have the 7 days taken care of. The inaugural Europe season tells me they are looking to have this ship go all over and be a little more unique and hopefully that will carry through and be the case in the Caribbean as well.

Celebrity has brought new ships to the Caribbean and done a little longer and/or more exotic cruises (specifically Eclipse and I think Equinox as well) so maybe we'll see that here as well.

The SIZE (# of ships) of the HAL fleet is shrinking but that doesn't mean they can't get creative and offer things to interest people... Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have played it WAY too safe and for years Eurodam didn't even have 2 separate runs to be made into a Collector's Voyage. As East and West 7 days with fairly routine ports are already taken care of, I'm hoping for maybe alternating 10 and 11 day cruises, or something that goes to less "standard" ports. Maybe even something that has 3 runs rotating that can combine for a 21 day.

They're keeping variety alive in Europe... please do it here too!

Happily :)

I'm hoping for something more interesting since Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam already have the 7 days taken care of. The inaugural Europe season tells me they are looking to have this ship go all over and be a little more unique and hopefully that will carry through and be the case in the Caribbean as well.

Celebrity has brought new ships to the Caribbean and done a little longer and/or more exotic cruises (specifically Eclipse and I think Equinox as well) so maybe we'll see that here as well.

The SIZE (# of ships) of the HAL fleet is shrinking but that doesn't mean they can't get creative and offer things to interest people... Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have played it WAY too safe and for years Eurodam didn't even have 2 separate runs to be made into a Collector's Voyage. As East and West 7 days with fairly routine ports are already taken care of, I'm hoping for maybe alternating 10 and 11 day cruises, or something that goes to less "standard" ports. Maybe even something that has 3 runs rotating that can combine for a 21 day.

They're keeping variety alive in Europe... please do it here too!

I'd love to see a longer cruise. Its stupid far to travel for me for a 7 day cruise so I usually do b2b. That's not ideal as you lose that day. I'd be surprised if hal doesn't make it 7 day. What is strange is that the ship us getting into Florida on Monday so there might be something to that thought. Either that, or they will have to have a shorter or longer cruise to even it up. I doubt that people would be overly thrilled with a Monday departure for a 7 day,

For people who like to dive, Bonaire is great. DH and I used to just walk along the seawall and at high tide, fish beautiful enough to be in aquariums swim up to the seawall. We loved watching them.

I'd like for Koningsdam to do a 12 day Southern Route..

In honour of their Dutch heritage and the new King of the Netherlands - bring back some seven day cruises to Aruba, and Curacao - and throw in Bonaire.

Noordam had a great itinerary FLL, Southern Caribbean, for 10 days. We loved that cruise that included the ABC islands.

What is strange is that the ship us getting into Florida on Monday so there might be something to that thought. Either that, or they will have to have a shorter or longer cruise to even it up. I doubt that people would be overly thrilled with a Monday departure for a 7 day,

Good notice, hadn't thought to look at what day of the week that falls on. And yeah, that could mean some sort of little intro cruise, or some sort of unique itinerary going on.

Nice catch!

Good notice, hadn't thought to look at what day of the week that falls on. And yeah, that could mean some sort of little intro cruise, or some sort of unique itinerary going on.

Nice catch!

I'm quite interested in that ship and I'm not going to Europe to get it:D.

I'm quite interested in that ship and I'm not going to Europe to get it:D.

We are this time. My husband and I have always wanted to do a maiden voyage and this one was announced far enough in advance we knew we could make it happen. February isn't the ideal month for Italy but we weren't able to see Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam on day 1 so we were hell bent on doing it this time around. (We're also planning to get flights with LONG layovers in Amsterdam to see friends out that way and see Rotterdam as well... old HAL HQ and the SS Rotterdam, etc) so we're absolutely making the most of it besides knowing that we were on such a special cruise

We are this time. My husband and I have always wanted to do a maiden voyage and this one was announced far enough in advance we knew we could make it happen. February isn't the ideal month for Italy but we weren't able to see Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam on day 1 so we were hell bent on doing it this time around. (We're also planning to get flights with LONG layovers in Amsterdam to see friends out that way and see Rotterdam as well... old HAL HQ and the SS Rotterdam, etc) so we're absolutely making the most of it besides knowing that we were on such a special cruise

I'm waiting for the day I can do the genie head bob and magically be in Europe. Flying to fll makes me want to put a bullet in my head, even doing furst class.

Excited for you! I remember talking about the maiden voyage with you when it was first announced on the HAL website. I look forward to your review..perhaps a "Live From" ?

Definitely a review. Not sure about a live from - would absolutely depend on internet costs.

I've been thinking of starting up another blog so if I do that they would all be there for sure.

I'm waiting for the day I can do the genie head bob and magically be in Europe. Flying to fll makes me want to put a bullet in my head, even doing furst class.

Yeah and I remember flights when I was 14 and went to Italy taking forever just from JFK-Milan. Amsterdam is well more than half the travel but I think it will break it up quite nicely and in case we're too tired to do all we wanted on the way over, we planned on having a long layover on the way back as well.

Definitely a review. Not sure about a live from - would absolutely depend on internet costs.

I've been thinking of starting up another blog so if I do that they would all be there for sure.

I bet the Internet will be free :D;). A blog would be great! Can't wait to hear all the goods on the ship, first hand. It took me a couple years to get on both the NA and eurodam and I love those ships. I'd love to be on the first Fort lauderdale cruise.