Any word on a 3rd Disney ship

cruise pup

So is Disney building a 3rd ship. Someone wrote an article speculating that the reason the Magic was brought to LA was so they could announce the 3rd ship. But I never heard anything about that. I only heard it went to LA to celebrate Disneyland's 50th.

We live near WDW and about 6 months ago there was an article in the local paper that said there was a 3rd ship going to be built. It was in the business section, it was listed because they had announced they were taking bids from ship builders. It is a matter of public record. But then a few weeks later they said although they were accepting bids, it was on hold due to rising prices of building materials. We havnt seen anything new since then.

So I guess if they have a good year, maybe they will proceed with it. I do believe they would send either the Magic or Wonder to the west coast and start a new ship on the east coast. Lots of repeat DCL guests would love to take a cruise on the new ship when it comes out, and since Florida is it's original port, it seems logical to me they would put the new one here first.

This morning's San Francisco Chronicle, in the Travel Section, said Disney has put plans for a 3rd ship on hold, until the US dollar regains some strength against the Euro. Management feels cost in Euros too high at moment, and of course, there is no US shipyard that can compete with the Europeans.

On the disboards about a month ago someone said Disney had now contracted to build a third ship. I am not sure if it is true or not. About two months ago they said that they had it on hold due to the above reasons about the dollar.

Archived