Just back from our Emerald Princess Jan 11th cruise

fox02554

Is there no free brewed coffee in the buffet area or room service?

Not brewed, made from a syrup.

Actually, many restaurants on land also use the syrup.

However, the syrup comes in various qualities and the one used on Princess does not please everyone.

Do you know how much the drinking package is on a 7 day or have a site we can look at it? Thanks for your review and this will be our first Princess Cruise and we are excited like it was our first one again. Do they have comedy shows? Are the movies under the stars new releases? Thanks again!

Do you know how much the drinking package is on a 7 day or have a site we can look at it? The all inclusive beverage package is the number of days * $49 * 15% tip. So for 7 days that would be $394.45 for each person that buys it.

Thanks for your review and this will be our first Princess Cruise and we are excited like it was our first one again. Do they have comedy shows? There is usually at least one comedian.

Are the movies under the stars new releases? The most recent movies shown will be ones about to be released on DVDs to the public.

Thanks again!

see above in red

We were on board January 11th. Our group of 10 had a great time and are ready to do it again. Can't add much more to the review by fox02552, except we did the Chef's table and the experience was well worth the $95.00. My wife and her sister got on board ASAP and headed to the dining room to get the names of our group on the list.

Embarkation/Debarkation was a breeze, 15 minutes from ship to luggage to customs, then another 20 minute drive home.

You need a coffee card to get the Brewed coffee ( or tea ) but your card isn't punched , the coffee syrup served any where else should never be called coffee :cool: the International cafe has pastries donuts in the AM , salads & penni's the rest of the day , also deserts 9 Cookies ) all of which are free , geloto is a charge & there is also a bar , they have soda too ( drink cards )

Yes we were fogged in for 24 hours :( so first at sea day was still a little cool , but the boat made good time and we went to Costa Maya instead of Roatan.

Have Fun , wander around , peak in all the knocks & crannies , watch the sun set from the deck , promenade deck goes ALL the way around ( up a short flight of stairs at the bow ) ! so don't bother with " walking " around & around ( 16 times = 1 mile :O ) the sports deck

RCI has complementary Seattle Best 24/7 at the Prom. Cafe. We have complained to Prin several times about not matching RCI with easily accessibe, good, comp coffee. this and the narrow decks are about the only things we don't like about Carib & Emerald

RCI has complementary Seattle Best 24/7 at the Prom. Cafe. We have complained to Prin several times about not matching RCI with easily accessibe, good, comp coffee. this and the narrow decks are about the only things we don't like about Carib & Emerald

And the RCI Crise Critic board has numerous comments about how bad that Seattles Best coffee is. One quote from that forum:" I don't care what they call it... I call it terrible. Very bitter. No amount of extra cream and sugar will help. Its enough to turn a person into a tea drinker."

Edited by caribill

Just off the Emerald......on the 1st. Cruise was great, staff & food way above average even better than our first cruise on Emerald last December.

Have added some caribbean items to the DR menu which was a welcomed change.

Lee Childers, is the CD personally I liked Kelvin Joy in Dec...but with him gone Deputy Director Dan...really shines..as Childers does not participate in as many activities as Joy did, leaving Dan to be the Man.....anything that he is MCing you will just laugh and laugh. Hopefully he will soon be a cruise director..... really an outstanding entertainer.

Edited by land lover

Regarding the F O G......

On our December 6th cruise we were delayed an hour plus, the announcement was made at 6:15 in the morning.

Last Saturday there was an announcement by the Captain at about 1pm that said there was a great likelihood we would be delayed due to Fog. A few more announcements followed..stating the same.....well at 6am on Sunday when we woke we were docked..but in thick Fog which quickly burned off. From what I understood we had docked around 2amish..I guess beating the fog...the time of docking is hearsay.....we disembarked on time...however many people flights were delayed or canceled due to the snow....so they were making arrangements to stay the night......

Edited by land lover

BTW.....our weather overall was pretty good last week did have rain(not showers) in Belize, morn and late afternoon.

Made all ports , but in Cozumel I do know one of the ship excursions was cancelled due to the sea being to rough for snorkeling. Our beach and snorkel excursion did go out but we snorkeled in a different area.

I over heard one of the staff on the Emerald say 4am & I was down there by 5- 5:30 every morning and they were checking cards by then

Hello,

Is Ultimate ship Tour (UST) is this free or a paid tour. How long is the tour? can this be pre-booked.

Going on Emerald for the spring break 2015

thanks