World cruise?

dbali

Does any ship in the RCI family do world cruises? Thinking about doing one when DH retires in a few years.

No regular world cruise itinerary. Closest Royal gets is a repositioning cruise. For example, Explorer from England to Sydney later this year.

Is anyone aware of a program or web site that can match cruises so that you can put several different cruises together to either accomplish a world cruise or a circumnavigation of South America. Thanks
For a number of years Holland America Prinsendam has offered a circumnavigation of South America http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/05/12/holland-america-south-america/8690203/ round trip out of Fort Lauderdale. Probably other lines offer something similar. Quite a number of cruise lines (usually higher end) offer Around the World Cruises, and their are still some Around the World trips offered on freighters, but fewer and fewer freighters are taking passengers.

Thom

Seabourn also has "exotic" cruises. I found one for my retirement (dreaming only) on Seabourn that goes from Ft. Lauderdale, through the Caribbean, the Panama Canal, to Los Angeles, then the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, back to different South Pacific Islands, then Hawaii, then back to Los Angeles. It's 99 days and the cheapest cabin is about $45000 per person. Can't seem to get my wife "on board" with it (pun intended). Maybe it's because it would seriously dent my retirement income. Would be fun though. Since I tend to gain weight on a cruise I would likely come back 50+ pounds heavier.

Around South America -

Oceania does it each year. Highly recommend them.

We did it on Carnival but they only offered it twice. This was because the Splendor could not go through the canal.

Edited by SeaPeaInn