Carnival Elegant Night

Corey.M.Ed.

I will be cruising next month with my father. He is stricken to a wheelchair and requires feeding through a feeding tube. At times, he can be difficult to dress, and I have questions. On the elegant night, could he get away with wearing new sweat pants an a collared shirt? Putting him in slacks would be hard and an unnecessary burden. Do you think this could fly?

Not sure they would allow sweat pants but he certainly doesn't have to be in a suit. When you board go see the maitre de and ask him. They want to be accommodating and will figure something out.

Enjoy!!

Edited by mizlorinj

Not sure this would fly because I saw a couple of young men turned away on elegant night because they were wearing jeans. They may make an exception because your dad is in a wheelchair. It would be worth asking the dining room host or Maître D before elegant night and in the meantime, pack a pair of dressier pants just in case.

IMO, I would buy a pair of elastic-waist pants that are more appropriate than sweats, but still comfortable and easy to put on. You don't have to wear a suit, or even formal dress pants, but casual slacks would be a good solution. I would never want to be in a position where he is embarassed and turned away in the dining room

There are sweat pants and there are sweat pants. Some look like you should be in the gym and others look pretty darn similar to slacks even though they have an elastic waist and are made out of a stretchy fabric. Get a pair of the latter and no one will ever know or care. Hope your dad has a blast!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app