[Gem] So how's the deck chair situation these days?

Jezo

Haven't been on an NCL ship in about three years, it is still the expected folks waking up before dawn, putting down a single book on a every chair, and not showing back up until after lunch to actually sit in them?

You're looking at two people who were "saving" chairs for others on fireworks night aboard Breakaway. They stacked the chairs and sat in them. When the show started and the rest of their party had not shown up, they continued to sit there while others -- who could have used a seat -- stood.

They were named King & Queen of Chair Hogs here. The crowns are courtesy of yours truly...

We just got off the Epic in early jan. The chairs all had towels and books on them early in the morning. It was only our 5th cruise I didn't realize this was a game. I did write Norwegian to come up with. Some idea to maybe tweet this. Chairs sat all day by the pool empty. Next time I'm going in . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the Epic in early jan. The chairs all had towels and books on them early in the morning. It was only our 5th cruise I didn't realize this was a game. I did write Norwegian to come up with. Some idea to maybe tweet this. Chairs sat all day by the pool empty. Next time I'm going in . :)

Step 1) Put their stuff on the ground

Step 2) Move the chair somewhere else so they get confused

Step 3) Enjoy your chair

I am currently aboard the Epic. When boarding I got to the ship at 9 AM to be in the first group aboard. My object of course was to nab a posh pass. First I will confirm that this is totally worth the added expense. All in the sun, private, quiet, NO CHILDREN, seemingly plenty of comfortable seating for all. But there I am, my first day in the rarified air of the North American Posh, not to be confused with the any of the other elusive posh breeds. I walk into the area, and lo and behold, even here on deck 18, there are the strategically placed towels proclaiming that they belong to Aunt Tilly, if she ever wobbles her large behind away from the buffet. Well, I am not of the better class of Haven passengers who would I'm sure observe nesscesary decorum and quietly sue. I'm from Staten Island! So I bundled up her crap and threw it in the corner, got myself a large drink from the bar and sat down to enjoy the sun. About an hour into my tan the lady showed up. She looked like she wanted to say something, and sort of looked at me like you'd look at a roach. Her face said. "how dare you!" Mine replies: "go ahead punk, make my day". Cruising is so much fun! :D

I am currently aboard the Epic. When boarding I got to the ship at 9 AM to be in the first group aboard. My object of course was to nab a posh pass. First I will confirm that this is totally worth the added expense. All in the sun, private, quiet, NO CHILDREN, seemingly plenty of comfortable seating for all. But there I am, my first day in the rarified air of the North American Posh, not to be confused with the any of the other elusive posh breeds. I walk into the area, and lo and behold, even here on deck 18, there are the strategically placed towels proclaiming that they belong to Aunt Tilly, if she ever wobbles her large behind away from the buffet. Well, I am not of the better class of Haven passengers who would I'm sure observe nesscesary decorum and quietly sue. I'm from Staten Island! So I bundled up her crap and threw it in the corner, got myself a large drink from the bar and sat down to enjoy the sun. About an hour into my tan the lady showed up. She looked like she wanted to say something, and sort of looked at me like you'd look at a roach. Her face said. "how dare you!" Mine replies: "go ahead punk, make my day". Cruising is so much fun! :D

Bahahahaha! Now we could be friends! Lol

I'm from Staten Island! So I bundled up her crap and threw it in the corner, got myself a large drink from the bar and sat down to enjoy the sun. About an hour into my tan the lady showed up. She looked like she wanted to say something, and sort of looked at me like you'd look at a roach. Her face said. "how dare you!" Mine replies: "go ahead punk, make my day". Cruising is so much fun! :D

Did you really do that? I am hoping this is not just a message board fable..

On the Epic TA in October, if you didn't reserve a place by 7/8 to push your luck there were no spaces anywhere.

One day, on deck 18 I was so fed up that I folded a towel and book from one of those red sofa things and out it on the table.

Checked my watch nd settled in for a nap and good read with some nibbles. 4, yes FOUR, hours later an irate German guy asked me to move as he'd only briefly popped to use the loo. As you can imagine, this got very short shrift from me.

After calling me a liar and a rude, mannerless person he sloped off.

Having sunglasses on really helped me stay civil but resolute. Main thing was that I wasn't going to debate with him and I had spent about 8 days going up and down the decks looking for space. Not the most enjoyable way of getting the 10,000 steps under my belt.

NCL need to be more proactive.

My luck, I'll put a towel down, get in the pool, and come back to see my stuff is tossed in a corner lol (just kidding!)

Just leave a 'sticky' on your towel with the time you went in the pool! LOL

Harriet

Lol! "Will be back in 5 minutes, please don't toss my stuff"

No, that won't work. You could go in the pool at 10 a.m. and at 11 a.m. it'll still say 'back in 5 min.' You need to put the time you left your chair! LOL

Harriet