to fabulous to b50 please ?

MrsMoose2001

Hi,

Thank you so much, I'll be on the plane for 5-1/2 hours. I really need to avoid catching a cold so that I can fly home as I can't fly with a cold.

Do you think it's ok to take this with "medicine". I know I can take vitamins and herbs and eccanaisai (sp?) with my medicine (I take aromasin to prevent my bc from returning hopfully). I used to take a lot of vitamin suppliments and eccanaisa.

How soon before boarding? I will have no problem optaining water or a cup and I too always have a bottle of water with me, getting a cup is not a problem at all.

So for a 5-1/2 hour flight should I take it again on the plane and how soon before boarding would you suggest.?

I bought surgical masks to be on the safe side if someone is really coughing or sneezing I might wear one and I also bought those air right filters that are new (they just came out July 1)

any extra help you can offer would be so very much appreciated. I leave on tuesday. First cruise for us (going to Alaska to celebrate my 5 year survivor) my dream trip of my life.

Oh sure, I just got them, I don't know where they sell them but I ordered from the website www.earplanes.com (earplanes.com) and you can see a picture and all there. It's made by the same people who make the earplanes, they have other products as well but I didn't need any of them.

It's called AirRight, supposed to be good for 4 flights and costs about $8. I think

You put it on the nozzle of the air thingy above your seat (around where the light is) and it's supposed to filter the air you breathe and about 99% of the germs it says. You can read about it on the website.

thanks for your good wishes, no probs re help, I hope I can help with this. I have not used them yet, I'm flying on tuesday. But I figure if it stops me from getting sick I'll give it a try.

thanks again for your good wishes. all the best MrsMoose

Hi Mrs.Moose,

My mom just returned from her 75th birthday cruisetour on Princess as a present to her from my 2 sisters and I. She loved the trip. She was surprised at how primitive it still is there with regards to access to medical care in the small port towns and how parts of Fairbanks have no running water or plumbing due to the perma frost conditions.Water is supplied by water trucks, and people still have outhouses!

Sorry that I digressed so. First of all, congrats on your successful battle with BC. I have a very dear friend who is doing well too so far and I pray for her continually.

The product in question has a website. wwwairbornehealth.com It tells you where you can purchase it, but does not give specific details on dosing regimens on the website I know the package insert does, though. You will probably no have trouble locating it this time of year, but Walgreen's can't keep it on the shelves during the winter here in Nashville.

I would also contact your oncologist about this prior to going. I used to work at St.Jude's Children's Hospital when I lived in Memphis and I am very famiiar with the needs of being immunocompromised. Perhaps your doctor should give you a script for a Zpack antibiotic to take either as a preventive measure or to pack it with you if you do start to feel sick.

I woul plan on buying mutliple containers of the Airborne and would consider taking it several times a day since you will be on a ship with people who are coming from all over the US and possibly importing their locally grown viruses with them. I know that Princess has installed hand sanitizer stations outside all of their restaurants and it is mandatory to use it before entering.

Once again,though, I would call your oncologist tomorrow and get their input on this as they know you the best. I am just a faceless web MD!

Hope you have as much fun as my mom did! Stay healthy!

Hi fab at 50, and thank you. I purchased one when I was in the US as I go frequently so I have one whole "pack".

I'm doing good thanks. I'm American, but I live in Canada, and you "don't just call your doc", (I wish I had US health care), but he knew I was going when I saw him for my 5 year checkup and I do have a script for Cipro in case of "food issues" e-coli, but there is a doc on the ship. I'm in remission and live the way any person does except for the aromasin (extamestane), I'm more worried about catching a cold and having to fly than because of the "cancer", but thank you for your good advice. I do trust you and to me you are more than a "web md".

I'm glad your mom had such a good time, and that was a wonderful gift you gave her, how thoghtful of you and your sisters.

I pray that your friend will be ok too with the BC. and thank you for your good wishes.

I think Radisson (I'm going on Radisson) said they make you "sanitize" also and I sure hope so, otherwise I have that antibacterial hand sanitizer that I will use a lot of. I bought a lot of it for the trip to be on the safe side.

Thank you for all your advice and help, it is very much appreciated.

Oh I do believe I can take the Airborne as I had asked the pharmasist in the US when I bought it.

thanks again all the best

Mrs.Moose

Archived