Laundry Bags??????

jimsilv

Hi, First time on the Radiance or any other ship without self service laundry.

How does the Laundry Bag system work, my understanding is, you get as much as you can in the provided laundry bag which is then sent to the on board laundry.

Unless they wash all bag contents separately.....

How do they know whose socks and pants etc. are whose?

What if there are mixed colours in the bag?

When does the laundry get returned?

Thanks

Hi, First time on the Radiance or any other ship without self service laundry.

How does the Laundry Bag system work, my understanding is, you get as much as you can in the provided laundry bag which is then sent to the on board laundry.

Unless they wash all bag contents separately.....

How do they know whose socks and pants etc. are whose?

What if there are mixed colours in the bag?

When does the laundry get returned?

Thanks

The put your items in a mesh bag and put the mesh bag in the washing machines.

Lately, it has taken 2 days to get the wash & fold laundry back.

Thanks Bob

I would also avoid putting delicate items in the wash & fold bag. Assume everything will be washed together. If you have delicate items that need washing, use the regular laundry service and write any special instructions on the form.

You have 2 options. You have wash 'n fold which is things like undies, socks and things you won't worry about shrinking or wrinkles. We've actually included t-shirts, pj's and shorts, depending on the fabric, with no problem. The other option is their regular laundry service with prices for individual items. We've done that too, but with only a few "favorite" pieces that we wanted to re-wear during the cruise. I love the idea of not coming home with an entire suitcase of smelly, dirty clothes. One of the reasons we fell in love with cruising was NOT having to feel guilty about not being in front of a washer or dryer for a week. When we did land vacations at a resort or stayed in a condo, we always found ourselves doing laundry while on vacation. We just consider this a perk of cruising. :D

Thanks for that.

I must admit I didn't realise there was an alternative, it makes more sense now, If I hadn't of asked I would have been stuffing shirts in the bag...........

I know, I know some people should not be allowed out on their own, let alone have anything sharp.......

:) Can anyone tell me what's the turn around time for pressing only. I'm thinking about giving them all our clothes to press for the week:p Also, is there a price list anywhere per item?

Thanks,

Stacie:D

Normal turn around time for pressing is one day. You can pay 50% more and get it back the same day.

The most recent price list I've seen is from 2013:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39709978&postcount=3813

Edited by clarea

:eek: I think we can wait 24 hrs. Don't want to pay the extra %50 because we wouldn't get it back the same day since I want to give it to them on embarkation..I'll put on a Sun dress the next day & hold out a pair of shorts for DH.:)

Thanks so much Bob.

Stacie..:)

• 2 months later...
Can you ask for the $30 bag any day of the cruise, or just certain days? I have heard sometimes they put it in your room mid-cruise.....

The Wash N Fold Special is only offered on certain days. On a 7 day cruise it would be given mid-week.

Edited by cruisenfever

Last week on the OAS we got the $30 bag on Tuesday. It didn't include all clothing items. Mostly, underwear and t-****s, swim suits. It took more than 48 hours to get it back, which was unexpected. I turned my bag in on Tuesday AM and didn't get back until Thursday afternoon.