Wheelchairs on first or last?

Susa

I didn't find specifics as to embarkation on the Disabled board so I wonder if someone can help.

I'm getting the message from that board that people with wheelchairs are made to wait until everyone else embarks/disembarks, to be let on board. Does anyone have experience with this? THANKS!!

Susa,

My husband and mom have cruised Celebrity with me. They, both, use wheelchairs. Celebrity is wonderful. They treat people on wheelchairs no differently than other passengers. As a matter of fact, they do give priority status to them. If you're asked to wait, it's because they want to make sure that you're safe going down or up the ramps in ports.

IMO, you'll not have any problems with any embarkation or disembarkation.

Hubby & I dd a cruise about a month before his hip replacement surgery. Even though he was not in a wheel chair, he did have his cane. We were in line for captain's club check in and one of the staff noticed him limping and directed us to the handicapped checkin. For disembarkation, we got tags for the first disembarkation color but were told to meet at a different spot. We got off before everyone else in that group.

Archived